Holiday bedtimes

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
zorro

Re: Holiday bedtimes

Post by zorro »

My 16yr old DD was the same- work experience in a stables. Lots of s**t shovelling!!! :lol:
Rob Clark

Post by Rob Clark »

He has a tennis course next week so will be going to bed earlier then as has to be on court at 10am!
My DS trains at 8am on a Saturday morning – funnily enough it’s always easier to get him up for that than it is for school during the week… :roll:

Grade 3 tournament next week, will be a bit of an eye-opener for him, I think.
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

zorro wrote:My 16yr old DD was the same- work experience in a stables. Lots of s**t shovelling!!! :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I should have said...9.30 p.m. after a good bath. :wink:
Marylou
zorro

Post by zorro »

Ditto! And I made her take her clothes off at the door!! :shock:
Rob - I would have no chance of getting DS out of bed at 08.00 on a Saturday, no matter how much he loves tennis! He has training and lesson at 11.00 on Saturdays and even that is a struggle! :twisted: :twisted:
Rob Clark

Post by Rob Clark »

Well, he begged us to have a particular coach, and that’s the time the coach suggested (with no undue influence from us, promise :D ). It’s actually a pretty good time to some serious training given the weather we’ve been having and his standard has rocketed this year so it’s obviously working.

The only problem is that I have to get up to take him there!
tiredmum

Post by tiredmum »

Bedtimes in hols for my year 6 - by 11.30 i will chase her up.
My year 10 dd goes when she wants but i start hinting that i want rid of her by midnight - i go to bed very late!

If they are not up in the morning by 10am i bang on their doors - im sooooo mean! lol :lol: If they moan they are tired i tell them they should have gone to bed earlier :evil:
Freya

Post by Freya »

Rob - Good luck to your son for his tournament! Let us know how he gets on! :D
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wyiCN5R/weight.png[/img]
MasterChief

Post by MasterChief »

10 PM latest for DS year 6 and DD year 3. DS is up by 0630 most days and DD by 0730 regardless of when they go to bed so they need at least 8 hours
"We've got a date with Destiny and it looks like she's ordered the lobster."
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

Unfortunatley, my eldest can't cope with being late bedtimes. During the world cup, he generally went to bed at half time, and only stayed up until the end for special matches (ie England, final etc). My youngest is the opposite and generally lays awake way past his older brother (and gets up earlier).
mother night

Post by mother night »

tiredmum wrote:Bedtimes in hols for my year 6 - by 11.30 i will chase her up.
My year 10 dd goes when she wants but i start hinting that i want rid of her by midnight - i go to bed very late!

If they are not up in the morning by 10am i bang on their doors - im sooooo mean! lol :lol: If they moan they are tired i tell them they should have gone to bed earlier :evil:
No wonder you're tiredmum! :) I'm also an owl, but my problem with my DD (who in the holidays is settling about 10ish), is getting her back into routine for school- never easy. :|

MN