How did DC's find their first day?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
magwich2

Re: How did DC's find their first day?

Post by magwich2 »

Well, I'm truly glad that other people's children are so much less cynicalthan mine!!
Mine have read this thread and make nasty gestures about passing the bucket!!!
I have obviously gone very wrong somewhere!!!!!!!
Milla

Post by Milla »

oh magwich give it a rest! we all know that you and yours are high achieving souls with scorn on their side but let people enjoy the first few days after an angsty ride to get here.
magwich2

Post by magwich2 »

Not at all - I really think that some poeple reading all this "lovely" stuff about secondary school will worry that their perfectly normal children are not as "nice" as those of other posters when in fact they are just fine!
tiredmum

Post by tiredmum »

magwich2 wrote:will worry that their perfectly normal children are not as "nice" as those of other posters when in fact they are just fine!
Not sure i know what you mean by not as nice?

Why would a poster feel there child was not as nice as a child who is at present enjoying the school experience?

If you look at this thread there are both sides told.

Its a great releif to me that dd2 is enjoying her school at the moment - i am not naive enough to think it will be roses all the way - i have the flip side as well with a not so happy year 11 dc.

You be cynical if you want :lol: but we are all just sharing our experiences
T12ACY

Post by T12ACY »

If there is one thing I have learned in life, it's there is no such thing as a 'normal' person and why would there be? We are all different; experiencing, reacting and responding differently. Every one of us will read some of the posts here and take from it what we choose, which may not be the intended message passed on by the author of it.

Perhaps it is only me, but I have read each story and not once felt compelled to respond with 'pass the bucket' (although Tracy's DD's back of a blazer post clearly waranted it!!!). Magwich2, you seem to have missed the messages with details of upset in this thread? It may not be a balanced overview but they are there. Over the coming weeks there will be more like it too once the 'honeymoon period' is over :lol:

Mushy, tough or just plain funny stories. Respect goes out to each and every parent and DC starting out at 'big school', it's a challenging time..........
Money can't buy you happiness, but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery.
Tracy

Post by Tracy »

Just to add that the dry cleaner did a spectacular job!
DD has been all smiles since! :D
T12ACY

Post by T12ACY »

:lol:
Money can't buy you happiness, but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery.
U400JB9

Post by U400JB9 »

well we had tears last night from DD1.....all has been "wicked" or "brilliant"....but she is so tired now from trying to do everything on offer.
After 16 hours sleep last night, she crawled out of her pit feeling better.
Its all so new and exciting she`s felt the need to try everything on offer....hopefully she`ll slow down now and concertrate on some work
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now