ParentPay

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
scary mum

Re: ParentPay

Post by scary mum »

We just signed up this week - there is the option to merge accounts for two children at the same school. Don't know if that means you can transfer money between the two or if you have to pay into each one separately for lunches etc as haven't actually used it yet.
scary mum
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

DH as been doing ours but I am almost sure that even merged each child has to be handled separately.
TraffordMum

Post by TraffordMum »

Even if the kids are merged they still have separate accounts - it's just that you don't have to log in to two different accounts. You still have to click on each child separately to add money to their account, but then at the checkout stage you only pay once.

I noticed a message to parents of leavers saying that, in order for excess money to be reimbursed you needed to contact the school, and transferring to another child at the school was not possible. I guess then it depends on how efficient the school is.
surreymum

Post by surreymum »

We have used this for about a year. The emails go to the school not parentpay, so if there is no response it is the school you have to chase.
We don't get any access to menus or what the boys have eaten, but it is relatively foolproof-even my sons can't forget their fingers.....

We did have problems at the beginning of this term where none of the money added on a couple of days before didn't appear-one of the boys didn't get any food.
Milla

Post by Milla »

I've only come across this as an idea rather than in any school my child has attended but I'd have thought that the least they could is supply a sort of receipt so you know what they've eaten.
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

I think it depends what the school sets up. I can see menus for our eldest and also see what he's actually bought - or rather, what the cashier has rung up on the till which isn't always quite the same although can usually read between the lines when that happens. Doesn't do my blood pressure any good sometimes (or his either by the looks).

Mike
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now