Anyone getting fed up of school season?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
scary mum

Re: Anyone getting fed up of school season?

Post by scary mum »

I watched it with my 14 year old daughter and cringed - I guess none of it is new to them at that age, but would rather not watch it with her :oops:

I think year 8 it probably a bit young - did you see this week's episode??? :shock:
scary mum
SSM

Post by SSM »

I've only seen one episode which was the one when they were trying to buy/take drugs. Which I thought was not majorly inappropriate for a Y8 as it did take the mickey out of people doing drugs.

But my OH said he walked into the living room the other night and caught our Y8 boy watching it. He said they were talking about B*** Jobs :oops: :shock: . Thus my question about Y8's watching it.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Like you, the one about drugs was fine if a little unrealistic (not that I would know :roll: ) but this week's, which was entirely about b*** j*** was on a different level altogether! :shock: :oops: . I was embarrassed to be watching it with my daughter and can only hope that she felt uncomfortable enough not to want to watch it with us again. Anyone ever see the one in the old folks home? Don't watch that with your children :lol:
scary mum
mystery

Post by mystery »

Is that about b*** j**** too? :idea:
mad?

Post by mad? »

mystery wrote:Is that about b*** j**** too? :idea:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
mad?
SSM

Post by SSM »

Oh dear, mystery the sudden image that brought to mind :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

It involves a photo of one of the residents in her younger years. One of the boys (the rudest one, don't know their names), likes the look of the photo and decides to, errrm, enjoy himself while looking at the photo. Of course old lady walks in...
I'm sure other things happened in the episode but that's the bit I remember :lol: :lol: :lol:
scary mum
Milla

Post by Milla »

Oh God, all this explains my 14 year old son's sudden interest in this programme. I'd really rather not know.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

We didn't let our 14 year old watch the last series as we felt it was inappropriate, but this is one of those things where everyone else really is watching it (well, lots of them anyway). Still, not while I'm around thank you!! :?
scary mum
ews147

Post by ews147 »

rosered100 wrote:Yes with part 2 tonight.
I watched part 1 on iplayer last night out of boredom but really enjoyed it. Some professor using a class as guinea pigs for all the educational ideas he's had over the years. The kids are keen but there's resistance from teachers at first (a la Gareth) but I can see his point that the kids that put up their hands are the ones that know the answers & are confident, leaving the others out to lose even more confidence in case they get it wrong.
I will definitely be watching tonight.
Didn't watch this, but did see a quick preview of it. Unbelievable that this is being touted as 'cutting edge', innovative, teaching - we have been using all these methods for YEARS in our classrooms as part of standard practice. Cheap, lazy TV for anyone who knows anything about teaching, although could be interested for the older generation to see how much teaching has actually chnaged..No wonder the teachers were 'sceptical'.