A little moan about school uniform...

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
marigold

Re: A little moan about school uniform...

Post by marigold »

Do any of you remember Flamenco ? I think he resigned from the forum because of threads like this, I seem to recall a very hurtful comment about twittering women.

I therefore feel duty bound to make sure there is always a thread such as this, to keep his sort away permanently.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

twittering is what keeps the wheels moving smoothly...where would we be without tips about velcro jumpers and shirts...

children grow, eat us out of house and home, rip their clothes and get every thing mucky..always have done and always will, whether you are a medieval serf or a nuclear physicist
doodles

Post by doodles »

There is a make of school shoe which is virtually indestructible and both DS's have had them before and they have lasted a whole year despite DS's playing football on tarmac playground every day. However, DS1 wanted different shoes for new school - I should have known better and at half term we will be going back to our brilliant independent retailer for a pair of them for DS1.

My main problem is DS1 is out of kilter re size and age. Age 11 he has size 9 feet and a 15 1/2 collar - he's a big lad (not fat but an old fashioned big lad). It is a nightmare trying to get clothes to fit him that are not from the men's department.
T12ACY

Post by T12ACY »

I made a foolish mistake of buying school shoes from Debenhams. They weren't even cheap! Bought them at the end of July (for DS to wear to the school prom) and they have literally fallen apart. I don't call 6 weeks proper wear very good at all and without my receipt I doubt they will replace them :(
Money can't buy you happiness, but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery.
mad?

Post by mad? »

marigold wrote: I think he resigned from the forum because of threads like this, I seem to recall a very hurtful comment about twittering women.
Yes, he got particularly particular about fishwives and Mike 1880's apron I seem to remember. The term resigned might be giving him slightly more kudos than he deserved though :lol: I love threads like this. Makes me want to bump up the 'how to keep your handbag organised one.'
I am just too traumatised by the school shoe shop I did for last week of July (yes for, not during) that I cannot bring myself to contribute to this one without hyperventilating.
mad?
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

I had problems with school trousers. I also used to get the next size up in Adam, but that option is no longer available. I tried various brands and ended up getting Sainsbury's !
new2me

Post by new2me »

I went into M&S today. DS3 trousers ripped at the seat and I desperately needed a new pair. I asked an assistant if they had any in store. She looked at me as if I'd escaped from the nearest asylum, and said 'but it's Halloween!'
cinnamon

Post by cinnamon »

marigold wrote:Do any of you remember Flamenco ? I think he resigned from the forum because of threads like this, I seem to recall a very hurtful comment about twittering women.
Oh yes, I remember that. Presumably he had a wife/partner to deal with the mundane stuff such as acquiring and replacing uniforms and keeping them wearable, allowing him to keep his mind on higher things...

Agree with mad? about resigned, maybe flounced would be a more suitable word.
mad?

Post by mad? »

cinnamon wrote:
Agree with mad? about resigned, maybe flounced would be a more suitable word.
with a swoosh of his skirt and a click of his maracas :lol:
mad?
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

:lol: :lol:

but we're drifting off topic!