Keep having to log in. Why?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

pheasantchick

Keep having to log in. Why?

Post by pheasantchick »

Why is it that I keep having to log in? I always tick the 'remember me' box and sometimes can go weeks without havign to log in again. However, this week I've had to log in twice in two days. Please could someone explain why this is happening? Thanks!
hermanmunster

Re: Keep having to log in. Why?

Post by hermanmunster »

used to happen to me sometime ago - solved itself from what I remember. :? Maybe it was when I changed browser?
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

pheasantchick wrote:Why is it that I keep having to log in?
You need to clear the cookies on your computer - your browser cache is full. Just press Ctrl+shift+delete while your browser is open, or go to the tools menu in your browser and click on "delete recent history".

You will need to log in to this site (and any others that you have ticked "remember me" for) after that, but it should sort the problem out.

A very useful little bit of free software that helps to keep your PC all sparkly is CCleaner http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; . It is safe to download and it will clear out loads of rubbish that builds up on your PC over time. It may take a few minutes to run on the first occasion, but after that it takes only a 30 seconds if you run it every month or so.
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

Thanks for the replies.

I've pressed ctrl/shift/del and have a few boxes ticked. What should I delete?

Also, what is a 'cache'?

Thanks for helping.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

A "cache" is just a folder on your computer where cookies and such things are stored.

What you check to delete depends on which browser you are using. Is it Internet Explorer or Firefox? The most important one to check in IE is Cookies and in Firefox both cookies & cache.
bromley mum

Post by bromley mum »

Help with application process, appeals and everything else to do with 11 Plus and now clearing the caches. Is there no limit to what you can help us with, Sally-Anne (not that I'm complaining) :D
Milla

Post by Milla »

she'll pop round and clean your car, if you ask her nicely!
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

Will she pop round and do my ironing, pretty please :D
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now