Is your DC's school setting work if the school is shut?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

kentsussexborder

Re: Is your DC's school setting work if the school is shut?

Post by kentsussexborder »

ourmaminhavana wrote:Wow ksb, they're certainly on their toes. Has your DC been off all week?
No, only today. I was amazed as they posted the school closure at 6:30am and the first work by the teachers was up pretty quickly after that.
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

scarlett wrote: Snowdrops, my hubby is still stuck in London too......he has been since yest.He spent last night sleeping under his desk, because the bright ceiling lights are motion sensored and kept turning on every 5 minutes ! :lol:
OH only took 6 hours to get home tonight (it usually takes about two and three quarters) which I thought was fantastic for the conditions. He had a booked seat on the train, but it ended up being about three trains worth loaded on to one so he was just glad to be on it (with no seat).

Your poor hubby, that's just rubbing salt into the wound that is!
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

Our school is the only one that NEVER shuts. :shock:

DD said the Headteacher tells them it will only shut if there is no heating but that hasnt happened. Today we gave ourselves a day off though :oops:
Impossible is Nothing.
zvrk

Post by zvrk »

sherry_d wrote:Our school is the only one that NEVER shuts. :shock:

DD said the Headteacher tells them it will only shut if there is no heating but that hasnt happened. Today we gave ourselves a day off though :oops:
Ours as well :x , very rural school but headteacher lives near the main road and she is fine in getting to school, had to walk to my friends house (10 min on the main road) who has 4x4 to take my son to school.
ourmaminhavana

Post by ourmaminhavana »

sherry_d wrote:Our school is the only one that NEVER shuts. :shock:
And ours!
DD's school always remains open, but I actually think the Head should say only send your child if you really need to eg you've no child care available, because it's in a tiny village where all the other surrounding schools have been shut all week and is treacherous to get to for the many parents who travel there. We have around 10-12 inches of snow outside so I picked DD up early on Tuesday and will not be sending her for the rest of the week. (At least until hubby is home from Essex at the weekend (if he manages it) and can dig me - well, my car- out of the snow!)
solimum

Post by solimum »

My DD is hoping against hope that her school will be shut tomorrow (saving her a long snowy walk as I have refused to get the car out tomorrow - after all I can walk to the station for my trip to work!). However here in the West Midlands we've missed the huge snowfalls...

I did see on the news however that the school in Aardnafach (?)in the Scottish Highlands, officially the coldest place in the UK at -22, has remained open!
MasterChief

Post by MasterChief »

Hopefully not, giving DS a chance to catch up with his history homework! :shock:
"We've got a date with Destiny and it looks like she's ordered the lobster."
doodles

Post by doodles »

DS's school was closed yesterday and again today - four pieces subjects yesterday and again today. I can't see him being able to get in tomorrow either though whether the school will be open I don't know.

Website very efficient and notices posted by 6.30 a.m. and work be early morning.

DS2's school already shut tomorrow.
moved

Post by moved »

I've just put up all of tomorrow's snow work for my lovely pupils. My poor DC still have to go in. Our school is open too, but I will not be repeating today's failed 4 hour attempt to get to work.