Nibbles with drinks

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
yoyo123

Re: Nibbles with drinks

Post by yoyo123 »

olives and more olives and maybe some olives?

olives are nice too...
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

:shock: :shock: I can't stand olives *insert 'sick' emoticon here* :lol: :lol: :lol:
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

ooh goody, more for me...
Plum

Post by Plum »

sausages cooked in a jar of marmalade in the oven. Sounds odd but very nice!
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

almost as nice as olives....
Plum

Post by Plum »

Much nicer - can't stand olives.... :wink:
moved

Post by moved »

In case yoyo is invited. Garlic stuffed olives, olives marinaded in fresh herbs, garlic and olive oil, almond stuffed olives, lemon zest stuffed olives and of course chilli stuffed olives.

Bowls of nice nut mixes.

Mini kebabs, half a wooden skewer:
mini-tomatoes, a large prawn, bit of fresh chilli with a bowl of chilli, ginger and lime sauce;
a salad one, chunks of cucumber, pepper, etc. with a mayonnaise-based dip/cream cheese or sour cream work well for a dip;
anything you fancy stuffed on a little skewer!

Mini bits of chicken breast covered in a variety of different sauces (green Thai works well) and baked in the oven or marinaded in the fridge if mayonnaise based.

Champagne/Cava with a slug of sloe gin makes a very nice winter welcome drink (it should also come with a health warning as it is very easy to drink).
chad

Post by chad »

moved wrote:
Champagne/Cava with a slug of sloe gin makes a very nice winter welcome drink (it should also come with a health warning as it is very easy to drink).
That sounds good....may have to give that a try (without olives :wink: )
doodles

Post by doodles »

Olives - yuk yuk yuk.
Primula and crackers - yum yum yum but maybe more of late night tv snack than sophisticated party fare!

Whole brie cut into cubes but left in a round (if you know what I mean) each cube stabbed with a cocktail stick with a grape on it - very upmarket cheese and grape hedgehog! Got so many comments and every little bit got eaten.

Mini sausages cooked in honey and wholegrain mustard.

You can buy mini yorkshires - thinly sliced rare beef with horseradish mayo

Buy ready rolled puff pastry, cut into tomato sized rounds with pastry cutter - top each with red pesto, mozzarella and slice of tomato and basil leaf - bake until golden - absolutely delicious. If it's a buffet leave pastry sheet whole and serve as a tart.

Have a nice evening and remember people always eat more than you think!!!!

Brilliant non-alc drink from Nigella - GingerPom. Not sure of quantities but it comes up on internet search. Ginger Ale, Pomegranate juice and ice. It's very pretty, tasty and grownup. Serve it regularly and never met anybody who doesn't like it. As the designated driver (everytime :evil: ) I get really bored of sparkling water, elderflower and orange juice - this one is great.
moved

Post by moved »

doodles wrote:Olives - yuk yuk yuk.
Primula and crackers - yum yum yum but maybe more of late night tv snack than sophisticated party fare!

Whole brie cut into cubes but left in a round (if you know what I mean) each cube stabbed with a cocktail stick with a grape on it - very upmarket cheese and grape hedgehog! Got so many comments and every little bit got eaten.

Mini sausages cooked in honey and wholegrain mustard.

You can buy mini yorkshires - thinly sliced rare beef with horseradish mayo

Buy ready rolled puff pastry, cut into tomato sized rounds with pastry cutter - top each with red pesto, mozzarella and slice of tomato and basil leaf - bake until golden - absolutely delicious. If it's a buffet leave pastry sheet whole and serve as a tart.

Have a nice evening and remember people always eat more than you think!!!!

Brilliant non-alc drink from Nigella - GingerPom. Not sure of quantities but it comes up on internet search. Ginger Ale, Pomegranate juice and ice. It's very pretty, tasty and grownup. Serve it regularly and never met anybody who doesn't like it. As the designated driver (everytime :evil: ) I get really bored of sparkling water, elderflower and orange juice - this one is great.
I'm loving this thread - GingerPom is going to be tried out asap. I'm off the booze as it doesn't agree with me at the mo.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now