Go to navigation
It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:51 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:19 pm 

Can't believe it DS has finished his first term at BIG school! Where did it go and what was I worried about? I really am so surprised at how quickly it has all gone by. Ok, so there have been a few glitches, things lost etc but.........

I do hope everybody's DC's have settled down well too. We'll be on the GCSE thread next......

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:52 pm 

Yes, thank you Doodles. I am so proud of her. She has worked her little socks off and enjoyed everything!
Relieved and proud mother.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:01 pm 

All fine here too, thanks Doodles! Glad to hear positive reports from others, and yes, hasn't a whole term flashed past! I think I can honestly say DD has taken to it like a duck to water, not lost anything :D, and is scarily changing from little girl to young lady with each passing day.
Hoping everyone and all DC's enjoy a well-deserved christmas break - time to relax and sleep in late, if DD has her way :roll: ! : Although, to be fair, she's up at 6.30 every morning, as soon as her alarm goes, so I guess she's allowed a lie-in (8.30am seems reasonable to me :lol: ).
Merry Christmas to all!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:37 pm 

My DD has settled in well too. She said she feels she has been here all her life!! Nice group of friends and loves her form tutor. Long may it last.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:41 pm 

Same here ... DD loves her new school, seems to have settled in really well and made lots of new friends. Long may it last!!!

Heart wrenching moment when DD sent me a text on way home from school on Friday saying ".. completed first term at my new schoool, one more step closer to becoming an adult ( :shock: ). Its the only first term at my school I will ever experience and now it has passed by - before you know it I'll be one of the 'old' girls."

You think your coping with your DCs growing up and then they go and write something like that :shock: :cry:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:35 pm 

Heartmum, your post brought a tear to my eye. I have a DD who is now in Year 10 and who wants to spend very little time with us anymore. You realise how quickly time flies when you have children. We will make the most of her hopefully wanting to spend Christmas with her family. On a lighter note, my DS has just finished his first term at secondary school and absolutely loves it. I don't know what I was worrying about (long day, bus journey, masses of homework....).

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:23 pm 

Moonlight wrote:
I have a DD who is now in Year 10 and who wants to spend very little time with us anymore. You realise how quickly time flies when you have children. We will make the most of her hopefully wanting to spend Christmas with her family. .

yes i have one of those too - dd1 in year 11 - i really miss her needed to be with me - but at the end of the day we must realise that its our job to raise independent individuals, and she is certainly becoming that.

dd2 has just finished her first term in year7, made the most of everything on offer and still likes my company! :lol: