KS1 test papers

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
mystery

Re: KS1 test papers

Post by mystery »

Thank you - it all seems to work now - I think the first few times my e-mail verification had not worked for some obscure reason.

Does anyone know if these are all the SATS papers ever produced?

I feel guilty about using them ------ not because I think this will be bad for my child, but because the school might use them as part of their KS1 teacher assessment. Who knows whether they will or not. But because they never tell us anything about anything, or even teach the syllabus, or differentiate the curriculum correctly, or ever send a letter home that makes sense, I'm not going to try not to feel guilty. Others will use them, I'm sure, and I'm sick and tired of my child being disadvantaged at this particular school.

Rant over!! :x
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Mystery, maybe our children are at the same school !!! Are past papers likely to be re used ? I find that the practice papers are so similar that I often wonder if I've seen them before, when I haven't.

I do wonder what my children may be doing if at a different school, but I have decided to just do what I can with them at home and I did manage to do it with ds1 so I know I can do it with my others....they are bright just can't read or write properly...but that can be addressed, natural ability and a love of learning can't.

I often keep my children off school ( only 1/2 a term...and they are never off sick) l, do a bit of work in the morning and then go to a musem at lunchtime.We call it a health day...my mil is horrified, but I don't care.....I just can't stand my childrens school either !

There we go my rants over too !
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size. ~Oliver Wendell Holmes
That makes me feel better when sometimes I do extra work with DCs.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Thats why I always have an headache after spending time on this forum !!!
mystery

Post by mystery »

I like the idea of those health days. What's the max number per term you think you could get away with? I could cover an awful lot of maths with say 6 per term.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Depends on what your child tells the teacher the next day !!! Mine only have about 2, but they are never off sick, so there attendance is actually better then other children!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now