Ooooh really weird

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

scarlett

Re: Ooooh really weird

Post by scarlett »

I've always wondered how those holidays pan out, Mike....a few years ago we also were harrassed by those time share companies, but they must have met your family, because before the holiday they wanted you to meet up at some random hotel conference room in the middle of nowhere to discuss the timeshares....for a WHOLE DAY.......
Freya

Post by Freya »

Thanks Booklady, Scarlett and Mike for sharing your experiences.

I was tempted (by the cheap holiday not the time share idea) because normally we like a self catering villa with pool somewhere not too commercial but now that DS is older I thought he and his mate could find that a bit boring. The complex seemed to offer a number of pools, restaurants, activities, evening entertainment and excursions. It also claimed to be beach front. A bit of research told me that the beach is a hike over hills or take your chance alongside a motorway, the sales pitch is aggressive and lasts 3-4 hours, the drinks are very expensive, the food is average, the accommodation is 'tired' and there is a very heavy corporate presence. Think we'll give it a miss - shame!

So - can anyone recommend somewhere in southern Spain?
sp

Post by sp »

Ask me again after Easter as we have booked one of these with M*rrio** in Marbella. We did one a few years ago with R*dis**n and had a great week in Malta. Kids are old enough to entertain themselves for the 1 and a half hours we have to listen to the blurb. In Malta we told the sales person up front that we'd only done it for a cheap holiday! They had to go through a certain amount of chat etc but we continued our disinterest and they were fine about it. A couple of hours out of a week isn't much, as long as you keep up the "not interested" routine.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now