Now, what is everyone up to for Half term ? Ideas needed !!

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
mum23*

Re: Now, what is everyone up to for Half term ? Ideas needed

Post by mum23* »

Snowdrops that sounds fantastic. I am definitely going to book and I know they are still booking for the next 18 months so time to sort it out. My DD also wants to see Wicked, have you been? If anyone has I'd love to hear what you thought.

Shame about the cold, hope you feel better soon. We went up to Preston then down to Brighton visiting family and I finally feel relaxed and confident with longer distance driving (my dh had to work all week so it was down to me) I was late to learn to drive and although it has been about 8 years now I used to dread long motorway drives esp around London. Now I seem to have cracked it and quite enjoyed the driving.

Just read the geocache posts..never heard of it but it sounds like it might be fun, will look at the site.

ps Good luck all of you waiting today.
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Mum23

I haven't been to see Wicked, but my dd did, two years ago with school and really enjoyed it.

I really can't say enough how fantastic War Horse is (I'm STILL going on about it :lol: ). Sit as near to the front as you can to get the full experience (I recommend row E11, 12, 13 and 14 - excellent seats, in fact I think you couldn't get better than them).

I used to do lots of long distance driving, it never bothered me, but since I now have an OH who is at home (my then hubby lived abroad so I had to do my own driving) I don't really drive very much. I find it's a great shame, as I only pootle about town and into Ripon - maybe up the dales, and it restricts my life. I should get my confidence back really as I know in another 15/20 years I probably wont be driving any more (too old I expect :cry: ). So Keep on driving all you can, it's a great skill to have, and one you should hold on to for as long as possible (as long as it's safe of course :lol: )
KS10

Post by KS10 »

Saw Wicked at Christmas - kids enjoyed it, I thought it was reasonable and OH endured it because he luurves me!
mum23*

Post by mum23* »

aahh :D :D how lovely. We all went to see Blaze the street dance show and my dh fell asleep..... :roll: Dance is NOT his thing so won't be asking him to see a ballet! Was Lea Mead in Wicked when you saw it KS10?
mum23*

Post by mum23* »

snowdrops I think my driving nerve would not extend to driving abroad though..we once drove to Paris and even my unflappable DH found it a bit hair raising at times!! It is him that has made me drive longer distances - my MIL and SIL won't go beyond the local shops so he was determined for me to get on with it and I'm glad now. I must have had the most driving lessons ever..it was :oops: and I took my test twice!! Although I don't think I was quite Maureen from Driving School level!! I was so chuffed to pass I kissed the driving test bloke :lol:
KS10

Post by KS10 »

Yes, he was and he was very good. They all were, tbh. It was weird seeing Wicked though when I've never seen The Wizard of Oz. :oops: Can't wait to see it.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now