Kath Kidson school bags, why are they considered so cool????

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mum23*

Re: Kath Kidson school bags, why are they considered so cool

Post by mum23* »

:lol: gotta love the Glee generation! Might be just a phase!
sp

Post by sp »

My 13 year old DD is going for the "just above the ear" parting but, like me, has a very strong parting which refuses to comply. Last week she sat through a whole meal trying to hold hair in the "right" place, having to eat with one hand! Was hilarious to watch and all came to a thundering halt when I told her it was bad manners to hold hair at the table. She was then told to put a slide in to hold it!! NOT the idea at all!! At least she hasn't tried that again.

I'm probably just jealous that she has lovely long blonde hair to do it with, and DH just jealous that she has any hair at all!!
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

sp wrote:My 13 year old DD is going for the "just above the ear" parting but, like me, has a very strong parting which refuses to comply. Last week she sat through a whole meal trying to hold hair in the "right" place, having to eat with one hand! Was hilarious to watch and all came to a thundering halt when I told her it was bad manners to hold hair at the table. She was then told to put a slide in to hold it!! NOT the idea at all!! At least she hasn't tried that again.

I'm probably just jealous that she has lovely long blonde hair to do it with, and DH just jealous that she has any hair at all!!

We've had similar problems with our dd/hair/table/manners!

She doesn't use the exaggerated parting style, but does have one of those sweeping fringes that has to sit 'just so'. She has long blonde hair too (almost down to her bottom) and it broke my heart to cut it to make a fringe for her, but I was thankful in the end she only wanted a fringe.

We had all sorts of ructions going on with her holding on to her hair too, whilst trying to eat. OH has very strong feelings about table manners (as do I!) and strong words were passed between us many a time. It is now a rule of the house she doesn't sit at the table unless and until she has her hair tied back. Once or twice she has whined that there is no 'elastic' to tie her hair back and as a 'quick fix' she tucks it down the back of her neck (held in place by her clothing). I'm just glad (as awful as that sounds :lol: ) that we're not the only ones having had a comedy act at the table!

We are very grateful to our daughter. Whilst she adores Jack Wills/Hollister etc etc etc, and indeed has many items from said shops, she is very willing to wear black leggings from Primark. We are grateful for small savings and mercies :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
sp

Post by sp »

My DD too is able to mix and match more expensive brands with cheaper stuff and loves a trip to N*w L**k! we were lucky enough to spend half term in New York (along with half the UK it seems, they were every where!) and we stocked up in the Aber******* and Hol****** sales. DD found a fab cardie (bit like the one Starsky used to wear, if you're as old as me) reduced from $220 to $40!! Already had plenty of wear and I can see I'm going to be peeling it off to get in the wash.
doodles

Post by doodles »

Can't stand the boy fringe style either. Parted on one side and then grown down over one eye. Can't fathom why they would want to go around all day not being able to see out of one eye / only being able to see the inside of a fringe! Call me old fashioned............
sp

Post by sp »

I do worry that I sound just like my Mother but I guess that's a whole new topic...
mum23*

Post by mum23* »

I have to bite my tongue really because I was a punk and later actually drew an Adam Ant stripe on my face to go to 6th form - :shock: :oops: :oops: :oops: so my Dcs cannot shame me more than I did myself!!! DS was reading a book on highwaymen the other night and DH and I both spontaneously broke into "Stand and Deliver"!! We then showed the DCs the video on the computer and I had to admit to the face thing causing huge hilarity from all the Dcs..don't worry DCs there is plenty more :oops: where that came from!!!!

But let me say I still think some of the pop acts now are a much worse influence especially the females. They have lost the fun and rely on the worst sort of image to sell to our impressionable Dcs (sorry totally different thread here!)
countrymum

Post by countrymum »

Last edited by countrymum on Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Milla

Post by Milla »

countrymum, can I ask you - is there any copyright involved with using fabric in this way to make YOU money?? I do a lot of sewing and was wondering if I could "turn it into something" but was worried that there might be a copyright implication.
Many thanks!
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

I had just skimmed over this thread briefly as I didn't think I could really bring anything to it, since neither of my DDs are really into the designer bag thing and I had never even heard of KK. However, I've just realized that the pretty flowery bag that DH gave me for Valentine's day for me to take on holiday is in fact one of the bags in question. The idea was to use it to carry all the books I've been wanting to read, so that the waterproof outer will keep them dry by the pool.

Nice to know that I'm now one of the "in" crowd at the grand old age of whatever! :lol:
Marylou
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now