What's wrong with some parents these days ?!

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Snowdrops

Re: What's wrong with some parents these days ?!

Post by Snowdrops »

Get a 'nitty gritty' comb (Google it :D ) - best invention ever, it really works and it's a one off investment (unlike the 'magic' lotions and potions which never quite get them all and a week or two later their heads are full again :shock: ).
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Yes, I have the worlds biggest nit comb and have to use it on dds head every other day just to get rid of the nit grandchildren....It's so annoying that after a few days " nit free " if the other parents don't sort out their kids hair then she is crawling again...grrrh !! The worst offender is a little boy who I have back once a week who has long hair and is always scratching.....I am itching myself to get the nit comb on him,but feel his mother may be offended...then again if someone could sort out my dd I would be most grateful...I don't think my back can take much more bending over the bath ( when combing dd hair, I mean !!)
U400JB9

Post by U400JB9 »

Oh yes.....the Nitty Gritty comb is my hero
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

No Scarlett, not 'A' nit comb, a 'nitty gritty, nit comb - it's special, not those daft plastic things which bend and twist and you pull hard and the teeth fall out.

This is metal and long toothed and gentle and the teeth are slanted and it's special and it really really really really really works - honest it does.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Don't panic Snowdrops ! I do have the coverted nitty gritty comb ..........

I'm just looking for a comb for me that doesn't yank out most of my hair.....not that I have nits,I hasten to add but you have to check, don't you !
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

You can even get the comb.on prescription. A truly marvellous invention. We went through a bad patch with daughter a few years ago where she seemed to have them constantly. All fine now thank goodness. Those were the dark years! :mrgreen:
doodles

Post by doodles »

DS's get tea tree shampooed every weekend and this once a week dousing seems to keep the little blighters away. Mind you they do both have short hair so it is a lot easier than for the girls.
sp

Post by sp »

DD kept getting them after visiting one girls' house, so is now under strict instructions to keep hair in a tight bun while there!! Re the bending over the bath for combing, if necessary we slap on conditioner the DD sits on floor in front of me while we watch a film on TV. A few towels saves splashes on carpet and we have a lovely time, watching and combing. Much less stressful!
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

What a good idea, SP !! I like the flea picking in front of the tv plan ......my dd used to have a lovely little bob, but now she wants it long for dance purposes she seems to attract the nits....dh got her ready this morning and informs me he put a load of hair wax in her hair as a deterrent ! :shock: Goodness knows what she looks like now after she has probably taken out her bun and it is all hanging loose......
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Pushy Dad wrote:rachag - Actually when it comes to the subject of aeroplane seats I find that adults are the main irritants and not children.

Picture this scene. You are trying to doze (not an easy task since airlines seem determined to reduce the pitch of their seats) and the person behind you gets up to go to the toilet. he/she pulls back on your headrest as they get up and then they release it, leaving my headrest to snap back. This inconvenience is then repeated on the return trip. And don't get me started on the trip to Hong Kong where I had a passenger behind me who probably had a bladder the size of a pea :)
That reminds me of the last time I was on aeroplane and everytime I got up i had to manouver past Billy Bunter who was seated next to me....well, i was slightly uncoordinated and ended up tripping up and landing on his lap...he was asleep at the time but a little boy helpfully announced to all and sundry.." why's that lady sitting on that man?" :oops: I didn't snap his head back though, so that was something....