What's wrong with some parents these days ?!

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Milla

Re: What's wrong with some parents these days ?!

Post by Milla »

the misbehaving in theatres is outrageous! Esp given the cost of the seats. I would have been furious and seethed and muttered and probably done nothing.
I remember going to the cinema with the children once and one woman at the end of the back row which was the row we were seated at but ten or 11 seats along, had brought a little baby who was screaming and wailing and thrashing her arms about - did she take her out? No. She did not. She didn't even really seem to notice. Ah, but she had a toddler, too, to look after. But did she look after the toddler? No, she did not. The toddler ran, thundered even, up and down and up and down the gang way running along the back of the seats (old fashioned cinema, no archetypal back row stuff allowed there). Then the toddler fixated on my DS2's hair. Which is a little random, but not particularly noticeable. She squealed with delight and plunged her hands into it as if doing the washing up in it. My DS2 was mortified and upset - not one to encourage the closeness of strangers at the best of times. The mother barely glanced over. I did some vicious hissing, water which swished straight off this little duck's back. Eventually, just as I was about to go and get The Staff someone else, another seether, had had enough and went and alerted them and, amid much huffing and puffing, the useless woman left, reluctantly dragging her noxious brood with her.
Other People!!!!! :shock:
Pushy Dad

Post by Pushy Dad »

rachag - Actually when it comes to the subject of aeroplane seats I find that adults are the main irritants and not children.

Picture this scene. You are trying to doze (not an easy task since airlines seem determined to reduce the pitch of their seats) and the person behind you gets up to go to the toilet. he/she pulls back on your headrest as they get up and then they release it, leaving my headrest to snap back. This inconvenience is then repeated on the return trip. And don't get me started on the trip to Hong Kong where I had a passenger behind me who probably had a bladder the size of a pea :)
mystery

Post by mystery »

U400JB9, the headteacher found it highly amusing too, much to the annoyance of the teachers who had been serving communion and sent the boys concerned to him. He started the encounter with a smirk on this face and the greeting "ah, so you are the happy little band of farters" !!!

This was over 20 years ago, so maybe things have improved!!
U400JB9

Post by U400JB9 »

mystery wrote:U400JB9, the headteacher found it highly amusing too, much to the annoyance of the teachers who had been serving communion and sent the boys concerned to him. He started the encounter with a smirk on this face and the greeting "ah, so you are the happy little band of farters" !!!

This was over 20 years ago, so maybe things have improved!!
:shock: Maybe it was OH...it wasn`t in Coventry was it??????
mystery

Post by mystery »

Scarlett, I am sorry I have lowered the tone of one of your threads yet again. :oops:
mystery

Post by mystery »

No, I don't think your husband was the guilty party - either as the headteacher or one of the instrumentalists. Not Coventry, and a C of E school!!
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Just made me laugh that included in the list of extremely serious behaviour problems was that !! :lol:

Sounds like you worked in Borstal, by the way.
mystery

Post by mystery »

Absolutely not, just 20 years ago in a very high achieving comprehensive in a large northern city. Many of my pupils there got As in the first two years that GCSEs were introduced, and there were As at A' level too before the syllabus was cut back to fit better with the GCSE syllabus.

So maybe behaviour has improved (but academic attainment has not!!)
Uberyummymummy

Post by Uberyummymummy »

Scarlett, I'm guessing that your ds2 actually had a brilliant birthday and that he was actually regaling his class with stories of his dramatic night out :lol: The truth is, he had a brilliant night and now has a story to 'dine out on'. I bet he's a bit of dreamer, a romantic little soul as he shares a birthday with my very own DH!

As to the next trip to the theatre, I suggest you take a bag of extra hot/disgusting throat lozenges next time, and offer them to any unruly brats. Also, say to your husband, in stage-whisper fashion:

I really don't think we should have brought the children out, as they have nits.

That should ensure a pleasant evening all round. :wink:
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes, he seems to have got over it...it's just he's quite particular when it comes to other children ,he doesn't like deviant behaviour ( unless it's from himself ) and indeed his first day at playgroup ended in tears due to a child commiting the henious crime of squashing his play do model :shock:

Don't need to announce that we are a nitty family, by the way, dd makes it pretty obvious at the moment by the amount of frantic scratching.............. :oops:

Hope your dh and your family had a nice day ! :)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now