Street Parties

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Chelmsford mum

Re: Street Parties

Post by Chelmsford mum »

Looking for help wrote:Yay...maybe we can sort out a republican party here....we have mike, CM, me, andyb and OMIH...who else can we count on ?

Sorry if I am presuming too much , I just love revolution :D

herman, were you for or against, I was confused :D
Herman can just be the on hand doctor - if we all over indulge!In the meantime she can drink and be merry.
Mike is on the BBQ - as a man should be :wink: , I can sing Les Mis songs and drink wine - almost at the same time? :D Yay - vive la Republique
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

me totally pro monarchy (well the current monatrch anyway !!)- just very very anti all the hype these events induce, plus unimpressed by the partying generation..... :roll:

Watched the wedding of Crown Princess Victoria and her beloved Daniel on line - fab event, very elegant - but far more chilled out than here. Carl Gustaf and Groom's mum dancing was fun!
Best bit was that I couldn't understand a word of the commentary!!

Actually language wise it showed us up when Victoria (swedish) was speaking at the rehearsal to her bridesmaids, the 6ish year old future queens of Norway and Netherlands in english....
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

My sister and I are having a 'do' any excuse for bunting, wine and a silly hat!
ourmaminhavana

Post by ourmaminhavana »

Don't forget me CM. I'll be there manning the barricades and I promise not to sing!
andyb

Post by andyb »

hermanmunster wrote:me totally pro monarchy (well the current monatrch anyway !!)- just very very anti all the hype these events induce,
I'm not anti-monarchy, but I am anti-mass-hysteria. I am sure it will be lovely to watch I just don't want to watch it from dawn til whenever. A quick pan of the crowds on the streets of London, HRH etc arriving at Westminster, first look at the dress, the happy couple - job done :wink:
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

andyb wrote:
hermanmunster wrote:me totally pro monarchy (well the current monatrch anyway !!)- just very very anti all the hype these events induce,
I'm not anti-monarchy, but I am anti-mass-hysteria. I am sure it will be lovely to watch I just don't want to watch it from dawn til whenever. A quick pan of the crowds on the streets of London, HRH etc arriving at Westminster, first look at the dress, the happy couple - job done :wink:
and then down to the serious business of feasting!
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

I'm sending my daughter round to yours, then Yoyo...she's made her own bunting .....tonnes of it in fact ( although the individual flags are all different sizes ! )

I'm wondering which self important people have been invited ? and who do they put on Kates side ? Just her granny and Great Aunt Betty ?
Loopyloulou

Post by Loopyloulou »

deleted
Last edited by Loopyloulou on Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Loopy
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

As all Channel 4 viewers know, the rightful king (if there is such a thing, which is extremely doubtful - although he is called Mike, which is a point in his favour) is an Australian farmer:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-p ... 368731.stm

I'm sure he'd make an equally good president.

Mike
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Loopyloulou wrote:
hermanmunster wrote:me totally pro monarchy (well the current monatrch anyway)
Totally disagree Herman. I cannot get excited about the weddings of children of an upstart pretender to the throne. Our true king, Francis II, is so much more worthy - and indeed a marvellous person; he was even imprisoned for a spell in Dachau. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franz,_Duke_of_Bavaria" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Perhaps I can join your party, LFH :D ? (Serves them right for not sending me an invite :wink: ).
Didn't say I meant Liz II did I :wink: - ta for the link!!!