Street Parties

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Basil

Re: Street Parties

Post by Basil »

Hi All
I am invited for the street party in one of our neighbours garden as we are too late for getting council permission. So we were asked to give some donations in cash/ food items . As this first time I am going to attend street part with my small boys, can any one suggest:
Is there any dress code for the boys 6& 13 years as well for adults
How much cash I can give
What all food items I can give as its mainly a childrens party
Basil
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

re clothes - suggest casual, the kids will no doubt be playing games.

re cash - always very tricky! - would suggest food / drink items instead -

re the food - best to ask the organisers if there is anything they want eg sweet or savoury - if no inf available then finger food, crisps or similar - small cakes - bottled of squash / juice / cordial etc
T12ACY

Post by T12ACY »

Am surprised nobody else has made comment to the laughable rules imposed by some LA's.

A colleague lives in a street where they applied for a permit to close part of the road for a good old fashioned street party. The result was that individually they must not place a table on to the carriageway without first having public liability insurance for this specific event. They also cannot serve / share food without a 'Food Hygiene' certificate displayed......

I mean, really??????

:roll:
Money can't buy you happiness, but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery.
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

Loopyloulou wrote:Perhaps I can join your party, LFH :D ? (Serves them right for not sending me an invite :wink: ).
I don't think you would blend in, LLL, with us revolting peasants.... :wink:
doodles

Post by doodles »

I had to do a risk assessment and consider whether we needed liability insurance :shock:
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

Loopyloulou wrote:
Perhaps I can join your party, LFH :D ? (Serves them right for not sending me an invite :wink: ).
You'd have to promise to change a few of your views, unfortunately, LLL :D
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Basil wrote:Hi All
What all food items I can give as its mainly a childrens party
Basil

I think one of your cakes, Basil...maybe with a marzipan decoration of William and Kate....I hope you've been practising ! :)
poppit

Post by poppit »

On our road we are combining a Royal Wedding theme with egg and spoon races (which are seriously fast and very good humoured). Everyone has been asked to bring small tables and chairs, home-made cup cakes and party food to share with everyone else (there is always an amazing variety of scrummy dishes from around the world), wedding crowns or hats. As a finishing touch there will be a slice of wedding cake for everyone. Lovely simple home made fun.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now