The Royal Wedding

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
scarlett

Re: The Royal Wedding

Post by scarlett »

I wonder if Beatrice and Eugenie will be mortified when they find out their outfits are already on the top of the flops list.....it's not as if they only had 20 pounds to spend in New Look.....they must have had designers falling over themselves to dress them , you'd think they would get an outfit which fitted ...poor Eugenie she's a pretty girl but in that outfit she looked like one of Mike Tindalls rugby friends..............
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m4/apr20 ... 099416.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Antlers? Horns? :? It's a shame, because the rest of the outfit is absolutely lovely.

I was also pondering on the whether "The Mall March" is the ultimate expression of the British willingness to queue. "The Mall March" is when the Police allow the crowd to proceed down to the Victoria Memorial and the gates of Bucks House at a stately pace. I was just watching it on some site or other, because I have always been fascinated by it. No one runs (until the last moment), no one tries to break away (OK, you'd be mad to try it with a Police cordon 4 deep) and everyone has a thoroughly jolly time along the way.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Yes, I was expecting a few squashed faces against the Buckingham Palace railings ...but everyone was very sedate , maybe everyone was just in such a good mood ! I'm worried about the man who had climbed to the top of some traffic lights and was having trouble getting down...I hope he's not still up there ! :lol:
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Again, watching the highlights. Why the two nuns to the right of William & Kate during the address by the Bishop of London?

Can anyone explain that to me?
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

Pah!!!

to everyone who said the public weren't interested..........
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Sally-Anne wrote:Again, watching the highlights. Why the two nuns to the right of William & Kate during the address by the Bishop of London?

Can anyone explain that to me?

Yes, I had a chuckle about that one...wondered if they felt father frumpy next to all the glamour pusses ! Maybe they just walked in and no one liked to question 2 old little nuns !
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Heeehee! I love that explanation, Scarlett!
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

Those nuns fascinated me also. I know nuns are known for chastity, poverty and ?, but they could have glammed themselves up a bit.

Initially, I thought kate's dress seemed a little plain, but it grew on me, especially after the close-up photos. I loved the veil. Pippa looked elegant. I like Camilla's outfit, and thought Mrs M's outfit was okay. Beatrice dress was okay, just didn't like her hat. Eugenie's outfit-not so good! (Hope I got that the right way round). Loved the little bridesmaid outfits.

My mum was in London and text to say the atmosphere was amazing-almost wished I was there although I would hated the crowds on the tubes etc afterwards. We went to a good street party this afternoon instead.

Wasn't the weather good. Where were the the thunderous rain storms which were predicted?

Overall, a good, feel-good day.
doodles

Post by doodles »

That Frock is wonderful, absolutely love it. Could be sent to the Tower for my opinion of the Queen's outfit and as for Princess Ann, I am sure we once had a pair of curtains like that! Some absolutely wonderful hats on display but a pity Sam Cameron couldn't be bothered to dress for the occasion, why wasn't she wearing a hat of any description. Thought Mrs Becks actually looked very elegant.

But this country does do pomp and circumstance and a good parade, there's nobody like us for it.

Loved the whole day from start to finish and our street party was fab - we range in age from 11 months to 92 years! and we had a ball and it's only just finished 'cos the wine ran out :oops:
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

I know VB would have been slated if she turned up in an ultra glam outfit...but I didn't like her outfit at all...it reminded me of the outfit i made for my son once when he played a shepherd in a nativity play when I just folded a sheet in half and cut a semi circle to make a neck hole....maybe I should set up my own fashion house.

Re the Nuns...I agree they could have threaded a piece of ribbon through their cardigan...but at least they wore something on their heads unlike Samantha Cameron !
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now