Feeding Children

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mystery

Re: Feeding Children

Post by mystery »

My Dad used to be able to eat a hole in the back of our Easter eggs, and wrap them back up in the box, foil and all, looking complete and good as new. DH buys my lot the really diddy eggs and I scoff the lot before Easter, and get them to hunt for fluffy chicks on the day. They know they are allergic to chocolate so they are not disappointed. And it's much easier than the re-packaging trick.

Sorry I made you choke on your lunch. I was eating pink champagne truffles, they slip down nicely whatever is on screen at the time.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Are they really allergic to chocolate, or is that the story you have spun them ?! My trick is similar to your Dads, Mystery...but better I think.I eat half the egg and then squash it together to make a smalller one.......then wrap in foil. The only downside is that you tend to get terrible indigestion because you are scoffing in a guilty rush.

Maybe one year my darling DH will finally buy me an easter egg. :cry:
doodles

Post by doodles »

scarlett wrote:Maybe one year my darling DH will finally buy me an easter egg. :cry:

Dream on Scarlett, I think men are programmed not to buy easter eggs for their wives - spot the sore point that you've hit :lol:
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Mmmm I spent 5 minutes salivating over the reduced price eggs in Tescos the other day...but couldn't bring myself to buy one a week after the event. :(
zorro

Post by zorro »

Scarlett, did you see that whopping Thornton's one - reduced from £16 to £2.50?
I bought one - but took it to a dinner party for the hostess before I got tempted!
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Wow what a bargain ! ....no I didn't spot that , must be frequenting the wrong Tescos ...I would have purchased that in a flash and then hidden it under my half of the bed for midnight snacking !!!!
zorro

Post by zorro »

That thought was running through my mind :shock:
That's why I got rid of it quick!! :lol: