Boys and Sport

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

scarlett

Re: Boys and Sport

Post by scarlett »

Did you ever throw a shot putt in the girls face who was lined up next to you ? .......and........

Did your pe skirt fall down just as you threw the ball into the net ?

If so, we are officially the same person. ScaryScarlett. :D
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Oh dear I just snorted loudly while drinking a up of tea. Messy.

I didn't do any of those things, but I did manage to throw the javelin backwards and you don't want to know about the hurdles... :lol:
scary mum
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

I had a bit of a psychological block with hurdles... it's a bit like when you concentrate on treading on each individual stair you end up missing them and tripping up....or is that just me ?

Just so I'm not told off for going off topic...it must be really hard for the pe teachers to teach a whole group of differing ability children.....if anyone knows of any hunky pe instructors who needs their tracksuit top holding...I do have some spare time....... :)
doodles

Post by doodles »

I met my athletics Waterloo in the sandpit doing long jump - it wasn't pretty.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Sorry doodles...you might need to elaborate or am i being a tad dim...what do you mean ?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

To go back to the original topic :roll:

I'm not sure it's any worse for boys. Ar a girls school here will always be the sporty types too. As I said before, not all 100 or 150 children in the year are going to be good at rugby,however sporty the school. Or, ahem, hurdles :oops:
scary mum
doodles

Post by doodles »

Imagine, gold aertex shirt, royal blue gym knickers and white plimsolls :? slightly short, slightly plump teenager :? Got the picture. She runs full pelt down the runway, gets to plasticine take off strip, tries to take off, trips and lands flat on face in sand. :oops: :oops: The shame, the humilliation.... need I go any further.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Doodles... I think the humiliation was in the outfit .....I bet you were first too leaving a whole line of girls to witness your shame...you'll be having flashback nightmares tonight !
doodles

Post by doodles »

You are probably right scarlett, but in the nightmare I'll be wearing a tutu and a flowery swimming hat.

Back to OP before I get into trouble. I certainly wouldn't dismiss a school for my sporty DS's just because it wasn't particularly sport oriented. I certainly think those that are very determined about sport will probably do most of their serious sport out of school anyway.
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

scarlett wrote:Did you ever throw a shot putt in the girls face who was lined up next to you ? .......and........

Did your pe skirt fall down just as you threw the ball into the net ?

If so, we are officially the same person. ScaryScarlett. :D

:lol:

Haven't read the whole thread, just getting the gist. My daughter was picked to represent the school at shot putt - at county level. No one knew why, least of all her. She went to the event with the school, and I got a call to come and collect her as she had had an accident. On arrival, I discovered instead of throwing the thing, she dropped it on her foot, aparently all the other shot putters ( :?: ) were much bigger than her, and she got sweaty palms and ooops :shock: Couple of bruised bones, some ice and she was ok, never to represent the school again. BTW she is very tiny, not a natural shot putter :lol:

My youngest is not a sportsman at all - he's at a very sporty school, and he is absolutely fine, I wouldn't worry about this sort of thing at all :D

PS doodles, can you put up a picture, so I can see you with your tutu ? :D
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now