Hiring a skip

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
pheasantchick

Re: Hiring a skip

Post by pheasantchick »

I had a skip or three when we last moved. I phoned a few numbers from yellow pages to get an idea of costs. Its amazing how much rubbish accumulated from our garage and loft.
doodles

Post by doodles »

Definately go for the skip, it's so satisfying, and it all goes at once before boredom kicks in. A trip to our tip can involve huge decision making and the queue can be sooooooooooooooooooo long that it takes half a lifetime. I also manage to get told off by the men that work there everytime I go!!

I do know what you mean about dealing with such things though, whenever I need to go to the garage I tend to ring DH and ask what he thinks before agreeing to anything - not very 2011 I know, but I don't understand these things (and I don't want to 'cos if I did it would only get added to my list of responsibilities!!) Could said male friend advise you what you need before you call the skip co.?

Very good tip to have it all piled and ready to go in before the skip arrives - will remember that one.

Have fun.
push-pull-mum

Post by push-pull-mum »

Yeay! A skip is coming! Can now go mad chucking away stuff!
Not the dreaded computer monitor though - apparently you can't put them in skips.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Not even at the bottom? :twisted: :oops:
scary mum
doodles

Post by doodles »

Can't you smash it up then it's just a pile of plastic and glass :wink:
sp

Post by sp »

Our local tip has a special place for computers/screens etc, assume this is the norm?
Plum

Post by Plum »

OH got a "hippo" bag at the weekend for his mum. I think it was cheaper than a skip (but not as large). Once filled, you phone them to come and collect.

He was impressed.....
push-pull-mum

Post by push-pull-mum »

sp wrote:Our local tip has a special place for computers/screens etc, assume this is the norm?
Excellent news! I will check this out. This house is no longer big enough for the both of us.