Olympic tickets

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Rob Clark

Re: Olympic tickets

Post by Rob Clark »

No snowdrops, that’s illegal. There’s going to be an official re-sale facility but rumour has it that it won’t be up and running for some months yet, possibly not even until next year, and in the meantime you have to be able to fund all the tickets you have applied for.

marigold, dying to know which sport your hubby is so addicted to… :D
marigold

Post by marigold »

Rob,

Triathlon, that sport choc full of middle aged men who cannot afford Porches so buy expensive bikes and garmin watches instead.

I am proud to say he is an Ironman, with the discrete tattoo to prove it, but his middle aged knees and back packed up earlier this year so he will not be joining my brother for Ironman Lanzerote this weekend.

Marigold
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

reckon best bet, if you live nearby, will be the nice free marathon :wink:
KB

Post by KB »

Thinking there may be some money to be made in renting out the house ...........
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

hermanmunster wrote:
I did originally put my name on the list for volunteering - apparently they wanted loads of medical / nursing staff - however was not so keen when discovered that had to find and pay for own accommodation in London for the 2 weeks ... OK if you live there but not if from elsewhere

Oooh you can stay with us Herman...DH works with firearms and has bagged himself a secondment checking the guns ( I could only think of the starting pistols but apparently there is a lot of shooting involved :lol: ) so there you are and you will have a driver to ferry you around as per usual ( no jazzy stripes on DH car but he does like to frequent bacon buttie bars.......
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

yay - that sounds great, bacon butties all round .. :roll: !

I was going to kip on a friends floor but they have decided to have the swedish diving team staying with them instead - at least I think that is what they said ... :?
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Oooh lovely...I'm sure there's room for you, after all those divers can squash themselves into rather a small ball .... :)
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

Anyone can borrow one of my rooms if they just buy some of the many stupid tickets that I over enthusiastically applied for - hoping not to have got them all :oops:
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Thanks LFG.

What do you do with the extra tickets ?
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

think you hope that you can send them back and get a refund .... next year sometime :roll:

(as it is you don't get the tickets themselevs until next year having paid up £6 to get them sent to you.)

I am sure that anyone who does send them will get a refund as the demand will remain high.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now