My son seems really down !

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

scarlett

Re: My son seems really down !

Post by scarlett »

Oooh that's making me think of a photo opportunity....might have to pop to rehab
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

A few schools in this area seem to have had tests prior to Septemeber. In my son's school, they've already been put into classes and have met each other.

I do wonder whether early inductions are good for the reason Scarlett has posted., - ie. months of potential worry. In my day, you turned on the first day, all went into the hall and then were put into classes.
tense

Post by tense »

I'm sorry your son seems down Scarlett.

I'm really worried about my DS starting big school too :( Although his sister will be in year 10 when he joins, he won't know anyone his own age. He comes across as really confident, probably cocky really :? but he is a bit of a loner & finds it hard to make friends. I think he stuck out too much at primary & am hoping he will find himself amongst more like-minded individuals at secondary.

My DS had his tests in April. His (new) school place children in one of two bands from the outset - upper (4 classes) or mixed (2 classes). The upper bands move through the curriculam more quickly. From Yr 8 they are set for maths, science & languages.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now