View unread posts

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

sherry_d

View unread posts

Post by sherry_d »

I wonder if most people use it? I use it all the the time and I see all the latest post across all boards and I just pick and choose what I want to read. I have seen recently that some people are posting same message in several boards in the hope that more people can see it :shock:

I see ALL the messages using view unread post and its tad annoying seeing same message in loads of other boards. Perhaps that should be added to the forum etiquette :roll:
Impossible is Nothing.
scary mum

Re: View unread posts

Post by scary mum »

My life has changed since using "view new posts" rather than unread ones - aren't those just the ones which haven't been answered? I agree, and posts usually get moved if they are in the wrong place anyway.
scary mum
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

agreed - I always go for "view new posts".... duplicate posts annoying an pointless. Can't sort this morning - busy at work and no full moon to blame
Chocolatey Mum

Post by Chocolatey Mum »

I have only discovered this in the last 2 days. It saves so much time.
I used to jump from Kent / VR/NVR/Maths /everything else and wait for each to load. Now I have more time to... Read more posts.
Spending too much time on here must make a sandwich.
But I love this little comunity so much ... :D
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I've just realised what "view unread posts" means. I was thinking it was those read by no-one! Along the lines of "view unanswered posts". Probably better than "view new posts" which is what I usually use as I do miss things if I've logged in quickly on my phone.
scary mum
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

I don't understand actually...what's the difference between unread and new posts.

Just checked the unanswered posts section. My name doesn't feature on the wall of shame.Phew.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I think :? That new posts are new since you last logged in and unread are ones which you haven't read so even if they were there before but you didn't read them as you were too busy posting a photo thy will how up there. I think :lol:
scary mum
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

I do love it when you spend ages writing something and then when you pop back to new posts there will be a whole new array to choose from.Or when an answer from a very nice person pops up.Maybe I'm sad.
Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

Thank you Sherry_d, what a dope I am, I didn't even see it. :oops: I will be using this from now on. :)
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Fran17 wrote:Thank you Sherry_d, what a dope I am, I didn't even see it. :oops: I will be using this from now on. :)
It took me 4 years to find it, and I was a Moderator for most of that time!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now