Does everyone have a blackberry ?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

solimum

Re: Does everyone have a blackberry ?

Post by solimum »

Anyone contemplating the purchase of a blackberry should first watch this ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dmhF1rqaZk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Enjoy....

substituting the name of a well-known website where film clips can be watched for the *****
Thingsbehindthesun

Post by Thingsbehindthesun »

Most of the people at work tend to have a blackberry but I prefer simple phones. :D
;D
T12ACY

Post by T12ACY »

Well I am proud to say that my DS's have the following:

DS1 (age 18) has a Sony Ericsson Elm (cost well under £100.00)
DS2 (age 16) has a very old Nokia N95 (formally free on contract, but passed down since DH upgraded)
DS3 (age 12) has a phone which cost £20.00 (with a £10.00 balance included....) and is as basic as they come :lol:

Am thankful that none of them have ever been interested in the latest, or most fashionable phones. I on the other hand do have an iphone and would possibly cry if it were to be lost or broken :shock:
Money can't buy you happiness, but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery.
frosties

Post by frosties »

Thanks for the replies. When DS1 got his iphone I wasn't aware of just how much access he got to the internet, in hindsight I should have done more research. Alot of it is still a puzzle to me.
My other son has just bought an iphone and I've told him not at mealtimes (as with DS1) and not in his bedroom late at night. He says as it's his money he's spending - he's 16 and has just got a job, I can't stop him having it in his bedroom ! Anyway DD is definitely not getting a blackberry, as I can't cope with any more teenage arguments at the moment.
If only life was simple !
Pushy Dad

Post by Pushy Dad »

When my son asked for a smart phone to replace his basic phone we bought him an Touch instead. Yes he has to carry two gadgets instead of one but at least I know that in an emergency he won't have a dead battery on his phone from surfing or watching videos.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now