How many after school clubs for a year 4 boy?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
katel

Re: How many after school clubs for a year 4 boy?

Post by katel »

My 15 year old goes to Explorers on a Tuesday - and it doesn;t finish til 9.45!!!!!!!!
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

How hideous.

I have to say now they are older, it is actually getting worse, not better re the amount of spare time and evening you get...I'm looking back fondly now when they were all tucked up in bed at 6.30 pm.It all went downhill when DS1 started beavers and I had to stay and help every 3rd week .... with a 4 year old obsessed with the toilets, a two year old hiding all the pens and then DS announcing when we got home he had to make a cow costume for school the next day.. :evil:
doodles

Post by doodles »

Scarlett I know what you mean, sometimes I would quite like to go back to the evenings when they were banished to their bedrooms by 7.30 p.m. and it was "grown up" time! Now they seem to be lurking around the house until all hours :lol:
solimum

Post by solimum »

Ah but once they've all gone to university and it's all "grown-up time" the evenings can start to feel very long again.....
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

How nice though to go out in the evening without having to consult a planner which resembles a knitting pattern.
katel

Post by katel »

I haven't ever had to make a cow costume, but my personal records are a Charles 1 costume in 5 minutes and a flowery apron (needed for a GCSE Expressive Arts practical and forgotten til the actual morning of the exam) in 7!
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

You sound very nifty at needlework, Katel. The record has to be when DS2 announced 1 hour before our school fete that the dog show was actually a fancy dress one and could DH please make a bi plane to fit over our dog ( his head was the pilot) anyway, I left DH in a really bad mood chucking things out of his shed..but he won 2nd prize .....the dog was in a pretty bad mood too.

I'm looking forward toSeptember when all the bills come in for their clubs. :(
mystery

Post by mystery »

Wow! I'd have expected first prize for the DH dressing up as a bi-plane instead of the dog at 1 hours notice. Things do sound interesting round your way Scarlett. Dressing up round here is a black bin liner on Halloween.

I would go for all the after school clubs that there are. They seem to be the most convenient as they run straight after school, no extra journey time wasted, and they don't finish too late.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

First prize went to the sausage dog who was in a pram dressed up as a baby.

Unfortunately our dog did a big mule kick once in the ring..and he had to have his broken costume held on by about 15 kids....as he was led round looking morose.
mystery

Post by mystery »

Are you sure it was a dog? It would have been an easy win if you had a really ugly baby.

How often does your dog perform at these crazy shows? It sounds like a frequent and hilarious event. Best we get here is Morris dancing.