Honesty versus Politeness

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
mystery

Re: Honesty versus Politeness

Post by mystery »

LOL! Not necessarily. The censorship may have got to him. Our speeches this year definitely had the ring of being vetted, unlike previous years. Not half as fun.
logic32

Post by logic32 »

When we picked them up at the end of school, what alot of the parents found really telling was the kids weren't in the slightest bit emotional. In previous years the playground has been flooded with tears, ( this is the 1st time Mrs Awful has been a Y6 teacher). Today there was just palpable relief.

So I suppose we have something to thank her for, making the transition easier.
Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

Well done to you for going logic! I bet all the parents who decided not to, now wish they had. You are right to be very proud of your DS he did the right thing and for the best of reasons.

I don't blame you for not giving Mrs. Awful a bottle of wine, sometimes we just have to make a stand. Shame you didn't get to use the placard though, maybe you can use it in a couple of years when your DD leaves.

Enjoy your weekend, hopefully drinking the nice bottle of wine you decided not to give to the teacher. :lol:
logic32

Post by logic32 »

Already finished it - On to the next one
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

logic32 wrote:My son just said, "................ and thanks to all my fantastic teachers"
His inner diplomat triumphed. It's a bit like the replies that you write to posts on here but never quite click "Submit" for. :wink:
I deliberately went and saw Mrs Awful to ask for his SATs gradings as we only recieved a number on the reports. I was carrying wine bottles for my daughters teachers and some of his old teachers. She clearly was expecting me to hand one over - I didn't.
Beautiful touch. I did that to our "Mrs Awful" and despite all the complaints we had made about her over her treatment of DS2, she still looked miffed that none of the (ostenatiously large and perfectly wrapped) gifts I was lugging around were for her.
So I have learnt that my 11 year old son is more mature than me.
Even adults are allowed to say "Yah, boo, sucks to you" on occasions. :D
logic32

Post by logic32 »

Oh Sally-Anne, you've made me feel better - again !

I did enjoy it, far too much really, but it's lovely to hear I'm not the only one to sink to such depths.

I have the utmost respect for teachers but there was no way I could let Mrs Awful get away scott free. I'm glad you also got retribution for your DS2's suffering. Yes it's petty and mean, but that was her teaching style !

Just wouldn't have felt right to do nothing, but I'm truly glad it was me and not my son who went 'Ya boo Sucks to you'. At least one of us still has a clean sheet !
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now