Are children getiing more stupid?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
push-pull-mum

Re: Are children getiing more stupid?

Post by push-pull-mum »

pheasantchick wrote:I used to love the days off school to visit a uni (or poly) with your mates. A day of freedom and fun!
Me too!
I didn't know that parents went with their kids to University open days now. Weird. My parents had no involvement in any academic decision I made after my options at 13/14.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

I went with my daughter because she wanted me to, my son, howeve,r had no intention of being seen with me!
KS10

Post by KS10 »

mad? wrote:
um wrote:Not to mention the takeaway menus we get through our door advertising 2 pizza's for the price of one and other items such as roti's, samosa's, kebab's...what is it with the apostrophes guys???
I don't know what it is...but apostrophes, definately (a favourite on this site) and the less/fewer issue make me want to sob. :evil: My blood pressure has doubled just reading your post um. :D
I'm tutoring a family member and another tutor who is supposed to be doing the creative writing element complained to the parent that I had been teaching incorrect spelling: apparently, skilful should've been skillful. As I said to a friend, whatever!
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

not skillfull?? :wink:
KS10

Post by KS10 »

:)
I was a bit mean. I quoted Collins and told the mum to pass it on. It was something along the lines of in English we form the adjective by doing xyz but in the US they add ll.
yelreb

Post by yelreb »

Mhm to be honest I think they do but it is not that they are more stupid but just too lazy and to uninterested in reading or studying or getting involved with history or maths or literature... I am afraid that it is all basically stripped down to lack of interest. :(