GCSE results for 2011

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

hermanmunster

Re: GCSE results for 2011

Post by hermanmunster »

ours just arrived on postcards too. don't suppose we were expected have any problems about starting the sixth form :roll: would have beren nice to see our friends but we all lived quite a way away
no_ball

Post by no_ball »

minor correction, I got my O levels...
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

I think either my O or A level results came in the post.
push-pull-mum

Post by push-pull-mum »

'O' levels, GCSEs and 'A' levels all came to me by post on flimsy little sheets of paper that looked like Izal Medicated.
My brother (at the boy's Grammar) was supposed to go in and collect his but he refused. I remember leaving him a list of his results (8 As and a D for History) and a pint mug of tea outside his bedroom door. I was eight.
I also have vivid memories of my sister's results arriving the following year. She was devasted that she got a B in Greek and wanted to get her result checked. My mum refused because she had also got a B in Maths when she had been predicted an E. Mother remains convinced to this day that there was some kind of clerical error. :lol:
cinnamon

Post by cinnamon »

For both O and A levels we had to give a self-addressed envelope in to the school office before the end of term for the results to be sent out in.

My daughter started work experience today and continues next week when GCSE results come out. I think she's secretly glad she won't be able to collect her results at school where the local paper always seems to have a photographer ready to snap the most photogenic girls who've earned 10 A*s (she might be the former but is unlikely to be the latter, I suspect, despite her hard work). I don't blame her, actually, as I'd have hated having to discover my results in public.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now