Thank you everyone!

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
scarlett

Re: Thank you everyone!

Post by scarlett »

I'm glad he had a good first day PC ...that's the worst bit over ! I nearly had an heart attack reading your post...we went away for a couple of days and extended it to the Friday whilst we were there and on the way home I read your post and suddenly thought Aaaaaargh I hope it was the Monday my DS was due to start...I had to check and phew it's all ok. Were you are tenterhooks all day ?!

You were spotted taking your son and friends to school by the way.

monstermum

Post by monstermum »

Sherry - Bennett Year 7s started last week! Hope there is a reason yor daughter is starting later and that you haven't missed the start of term!!
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

How did you know we were going to an 'English Medium Coed school'?
doodles

Post by doodles »

monstermum wrote:Sherry - Bennett Year 7s started last week! Hope there is a reason yor daughter is starting later and that you haven't missed the start of term!!
Yup, saw them all on the bus this morning when I dropped DS1 off at the bus stop. Hope everything is OK Sherry.

Scarlett, hope everything goes OK today for your DC.
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

Monstermum and Doodles - we decided to send her to a boarding school in the end so she is off this Thursday. Thanks for thinking about us :D
Impossible is Nothing.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

doodles wrote:
monstermum wrote:
Scarlett, hope everything goes OK today for your DC.
Thanks Doodles. :) Am wondering what he is up to at this moment and hoping it's not looking for a lost blazer or bus pass. I had to work last night so didn't see him off :( but spoke to him and he kept saying he loved me and I really felt I was abandoning him ! It's weird the motherly emotions.

Glad your DD is sorted Sherry.
monstermum

Post by monstermum »

Glad all is ok Sherry - have followed your story from afar! Hope she settles well :D
push-pull-mum

Post by push-pull-mum »

DD doesn't start school until Wednesday. She's sleeping over at a friend's tonight so she doesn't have to be around for the school run taking her little brother to primary tomorrow. He's very keen to get back - she really isn't sure about moving on. :(

May need a bit of help getting her there the first day. :D
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

You look very posh in your new hat, PPMum. Hopefully DD will find a like minded girl and all will work out fine .

My son was very overwhelmed when he got back...the amount of pupils ( his primary only has 70 pupils ) ..the girls on his bus calling everyone names and a bunch of boys who kept pulling the handle of his backpack. :( I think he's realised there will be rather more work then in year 6 ! Hopefully he will settle down, I think he made one friend. I feel a bit upset actually. :(
monstermum

Post by monstermum »

Scarlett - have pmed you.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now