Has anyone else noticed......

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
mystery

Re: Has anyone else noticed......

Post by mystery »

Gosh, Kent is efficient. Sit 11+ early September, (last week), results out within 4 weeks, CAF completed a couple of weeks after that.

After all it is only multiple choice marking. And we do have headteacher reviews here in Kent prior to the results coming out. What is Essex doing?

Start a campaign you guys!! or do you have loads of slots on your CAF so wasting a few on grammar schools doesn't really matter?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

We do have 6 slots on our CAF, so you could say it doesn't matter, but you still have thousands of children (and their parents :cry: ) traipsing round schools they will not be able to attend.
scary mum
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

I know I'm probably a very neglectful mother , but .................I had /have a real urge to not visit any schools at all and then once we know which one was allocated ring up and ask for a private tour. There...I've said it.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

DC1 visited 4 schools in year 5, the same four schools in year 6 (evening and day time, so twice for some) and went to a completely different school in year 7, DC2 visited 2 schools in year 5 and 6, and went to one of them, DC3 has been to 1 school and will go to another one in a couple of weeks. He didn't go to any in year 5 - I had a year off :D .
scary mum
Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

Essex allows you four choices of school.
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

Scarlett - good advice. - Looking around schools takes soooo long. This year we're going around one school, and that's only because it has moved into a shiney new huge building (and we're being nosey) (I'm sure you can deduce which one). Next year we'll be on the year 6 school visit treadmill again.
Just1-2go

Post by Just1-2go »

mystery wrote:Gosh, Kent is efficient. Sit 11+ early September, (last week), results out within 4 weeks, CAF completed a couple of weeks after that.
If they could manage to get all the open evenings squeezed into the two weeks between getting the results and the CAF deadline they'd be perfect!!

Had a major disagreement with OH this morning, I want to go and see all the schools just in case, he wants to wait until the results!!!! Grrrrr! :evil:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now