Steve Jobs RIP

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
pheasantchick

Steve Jobs RIP

Post by pheasantchick »

Steve Jobs was one of those rare characters who changed the world. Although I don't know much about the man himself, I know his impact is huge and has affected my everyday life, probably in many ways I'm not even aware of.

RIP.
ourmaminhavana

Re: Steve Jobs RIP

Post by ourmaminhavana »

Very sad. RIP.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

He's certainly cost me a lot of money :roll:

RIP Steve Jobs - what a genius.
scary mum
XCRGSMUM

Post by XCRGSMUM »

A sad loss for the world! RIP
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

I thought the apple website today was a classy response to this news. Sad day - he was a creative genius
nada

Post by nada »

This is, I think his best speech.

http://news.stanford.edu/news/2005/june ... 61505.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
sgcmum

Post by sgcmum »

Thanks to him, I have been able to have a meaningful discussion on this forum alongside my daily work.
RIP
zorro

Post by zorro »

Agree with scary mum - he has cost me a fortune too! Much too young to pass away, I read that he had a liver transplant in 2009 so he must have had a lot of courage to carry on in such a high profile job.
RIP.
Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

A very sad loss. RIP.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

He was actually a very shy modest man who was absolutely adored by his staff. I have never seen any MD revered the way he was. Microsoft folk looked up to Bill Gates but were wary of him because he could reduce a developer to jelly in a meeting and did so frequently. But Steve was a gentle genius. The very saddest thing to me but oviously not to him was that he was adopted because his birth parents did not want to raise a child out of wedlock. His Syrian father who is now 80 always wanted to get to know him but was frightened that if he contacted him he would think he was after some of his 3.5 billion fortune. How sad is that? Why did he not just risk it and try anyway? If he had known him he would have found that would not have been true. It is a shame that none of his friends or family encouraged him to meet his dad. But he obviously just simply did not feel the need. Odd isn't it? Some people are consumed by it and others just dont see it as important. Or perhaps he was protecting the feelings of his adoptive parents. I liked one press comment that most people found out about his death on a device that he had invented! I liked Bill's comment too, "Steve was insanely great".

I felt terribly sad, what more might he have given us had he lived? DG
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now