What to buy a boyfriend

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
neurotic kent mum

What to buy a boyfriend

Post by neurotic kent mum »

My dd is really struggling and earlier posts don't help as really about stocking fillers. What should she buy her seventeen year old boyfriend for his birthday/christmas present? Ideas greatly appreciated. Budget is I gather £15!
Moonlight

Re: What to buy a boyfriend

Post by Moonlight »

My DD has suggested aftershave (can be bought quite cheaply apparently), CD/DVD, clothing, voucher (boring I know), teddy bear for Christmas :lol: , socks, pants (really boring now), poster, book. Sounds like Bruce Forsyth's Generation Game! Hope this has given you a few ideas.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

How about the personalised mouse mats / mugs / jigsaws / t-shirts etc ? Some of the larger supermarkets with photo sections do them -
neurotic kent mum

Post by neurotic kent mum »

Thank you for your replies. It does make you realise how difficult it is. She finds it so easy to buy her girlfriends things she knows they will like and show she has put thought into them. Personally I rather like the idea of a teddy bear for xmas!Anyone else with thoughts to add to this?
push-pull-mum

Post by push-pull-mum »

Not a teddy bear!

When I got married I brought with me several 'bears from previous relationships' and my O.H. (now ex) struggled to accept them in the family home but I felt, instinctively, that it was wrong to throw out cuddly toys just because I was no longer cuddling the person who gave them to me.

I would suggest something that shows that she knows him, as a person - something, however small and silly, that reflects their relationship or something special they have shared.

Something connected with an 'in joke' is often fun - especially if the gift has to be exchanged in the full glare of an extended family Christmas.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now