What to buy your partner/husband?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Amber

Re: What to buy your partner/husband?

Post by Amber »

In my experience, men buy for women the present they (the men) would most like for Christmas. You can watch them doing it shiftily in certain sections of a high street store just before The big day. Then, after Christmas, you can see their wives and partners queuing in the returns area and swapping the chosen items for something less itchy and made of cotton.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Amber, I thought you were talking about electronics to start with. We always have a joke that my DH buys me things he wants - ipad, various CDs etc etc. Nothing red and black and frilly though :oops:
scary mum
Amber

Post by Amber »

I believe electronic items are available.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

:shock:
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

:shock: :shock: :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Like I said...
scary mum
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

I think we need to start a " what to buy for wives and partners " thread which Amber can enlighten her husband with. :D
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

I'd be all in favour of that! Mrs 1880 has a birthday at the end of Nov, by the time I've racked my brain to think of presents from both me and 2 children (well, at least one of them - daughter is becoming quite helpful on the subject :D ) I've used up all possible ideas and am completely lost three weeks later when I have to do the whole darn thing again!

Mike
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

I would say Mike, that ( unlike men according to Amber ) women generally buy presents for other women that they would quite fancy themselves.Or is that just me.
Amber

Post by Amber »

My birthday is even closer to Christmas than your wife's Mike. And it is a very brave man that tries to pull the 'I' ve bought you one big present for both.' line. Especially if it is of the black silk variety. No one wants big.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

You're rather cryptic today, Amber .Are we talking about a big pair of black knickers now ? You'll have to give DH clear instructions on what you consider suitable gifts. My DH just asks me on the day what I'd like.He always looks taken aback when I hiss that it's too late asking now. :evil: So, count yourself lucky that you get one present , Amber. :)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now