Cool adventure survival dvd?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

cam

Cool adventure survival dvd?

Post by cam »

My 10 year old has asked FC, but ensuring I see his letter because he's pretty certain he doesn't exist, for cool adventure survival dvds. Does anyone have any suggestions please?
Or any other suggestions for a 10 year old boy.
Many thanks.
Cam.
Amber

Re: Cool adventure survival dvd?

Post by Amber »

Any book by Bear Grylls will go down well with a 10 year old wanting to learn to survive in the great outdoors or the garden. The man is a hero among my son and his 10 year old friends. Then you can buy all the kit - knives, flints, cooking stuff, compass - endless wholesome fun and not too heavy on the pocket.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

I agree..Bear Grylls is my hero too .Ray Mears is another wilderness walkabout expert...look him up too.

Let's hope your son doesn't request your presence when he's camping in the garden eating the foliage / wildlife.
cam

Post by cam »

Fabulous ideas - you're both brilliant. Sadly yes I do have to sleep in the garden periodically, but insist on a proper mattress, sheets, duvet and my pillow.
A neighbour has already shown him how to dispatch rabbits, fortunately I didn't need to be involved, I'll stick to the shops or fruit and veg only from the garden!
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

You can try your local forest school too
http://www.forestschools.com/what-are-f ... chools.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Impossible is Nothing.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

My son has been attending forest school ( with his class ) for the past couple of months and loves it. He has made all kinds of useful implements just from foraging . I helped out once and was amused/bemused to hear a little boy announce he would be a dab hand at lighting the fire because he always has to light his Dad's fags for him. :shock: :lol:
munch

Post by munch »

Bear Grylls definitely, and also Steve Backshall's LOOKING FOR ADVENTURE about his own childhood.DS has just finished reading it and really enjoyed it. Bear Grylls' autobiography which came out this year is also interesting and didn't have anything too unsuitable for children. I bought it for DS but read it myself and would recommend.
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

M&S has alot of Deadly 60 stuff, and Debenhams has a Bear Grylls line of clothing. Why not go to a camping and outdoor shop - head torch, sleeping bag, tent, compass, etc (nb. shops aren't permitted to knives for under 18 year olds).
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now