Sleep

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Waiting_For_Godot

Re: Sleep

Post by Waiting_For_Godot »

DS is 11 and is out cold within five minutes. I know this for a fact because his room has a window into the hall and I can see his cute wee face looking like he did when he was a babe! 8)
mum23*

Post by mum23* »

aahh, don't they look sweet all tucked up. Right I'm off to make sure they are turning the lights out then. We have some eves when DD2 is quite late back from dance, once a week it is almost 9pm when we get in and the other nights it is around 8pm or 8.30 so it ends up being a later bedtime. She is 13 but never seems that tired and is pretty good at getting up. It is the 14 yr old that struggles in the morning. My alarm goes off at 5.50am and I wake DDs just after 6am with a later start Fridays because I am able to give a lift in. Our problem is the buses have changed times..one is too early and the next too late. :evil: so they have been getting the early one.
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

My elder DS (aged 12 years) unfortunately needs alot more sleep than brother (Aged 9 years). My elder DS bedtime is 8.30pm - 9pm and can be ratty if goes to bed later. Younger DS often is awake until 9.30pm and naturally wakes first in the morning.

Sorry, not really answering your questions.
cindrella

Post by cindrella »

I know (sure you do to) that the younger the child, the more sleep they need. Newborn sleep almost all daywith waking up for meal times! 12 hours for under twos and 10 hours of sleep for 2 to school-Age Children and Preteens

School-age kids need 10 to 12 hours of sleep a night. Bedtime difficulties can arise at this age for a variety of reasons. Homework, sports and after-school activities, TVs, computers, and video games, as well as hectic family schedules might contribute to kids not getting enough sleep.

Lack of sleep can cause irritable or hyper types of behavior and may make it difficult for kids to pay attention in school. It is important to have a consistent bedtime, especially on school nights. Be sure to leave enough time before bed to allow your child to unwind before lights out

I also know that GROWTH HORMONES are released when sleeping/ nights and that makes you sleep a lot longer and deep sleep patterns are normal. so, Either they are going through a growth spurt or they are just tired. Let them catch up during the weekends if they wish so long as it is not turned into a habit. You may see that after this phase they might have grown a bit taller! :) If it is sideways then you must worry! :lol:
Cinderella
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now