Big problem

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mystery

Big problem

Post by mystery »

We have lost the TV remote. Does anyone have any idea where it might be? Without it we cannot watch our recordings of Tracey Beaker.
scarlett

Re: Big problem

Post by scarlett »

I'm picturing you and DH cuddled up on the sofa watching re runs now :shock:

My DD takes the remote with her to the bathroom ( in case anyone wants to change the channel in her absence) so perhaps check all the random places you can think of.

I am quite tickled by the idea that we might know where your remote might be. I must turn my web cam on.
mystery

Post by mystery »

You are all so clever you don't need a webcam. I should re-check the toilets - good thought. I've delved in the freezer, in the beds, starting to despair now. No it's not the scene of domestic bliss you are imagining Scarlett.
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

Ours sometimes turns up in a dressing gown pocket. :lol:
Marylou
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Well, who had it last ? Can't you wake everyone up and get them to retrace their footsteps. Why would it be in the freezer ? :shock: When you find it make sure you buy yourself one of those fabric remote holders that fit over the sofa arm ...you'll find them when you flick through that useful supplement in the Mail on Sunday...you could buy yourself an all in one to wear whilst you're at it...to keep warm when you get up at 4 am. :P
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

If it's like my house, someone will have taken it to bed with them, because there will be a programme on in the morning that they must see. So you need to get them all up and frisk them .

For the future - go to Argos and get one of those universal remotes and keep it on your person at all times, then you can always be sure of being in control when you need to be :D Oh and while you're at it get an extra phone, because they're always going dead and missing when you need one too
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

Ours always ends up in the kitchen.

(are you watching the new series on friday evenings :wink: )
Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

Good luck with finding it! We lost a house phone about three months ago and still haven't found it! :roll:
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Found it!
mum23*

Post by mum23* »

so...have you found it yet? If not, my advice is go back to basics and look under every piece of furniture and under all cushions. We lost our DVD remote for months and it turned up when we lifted up the sofa and turned it on its side to move it. The remote had managed to get inside the sofa through a hole in the underneath lining! I think it was in the ironing basket once too so try there.