Sorry Boring Hamster Advice Again.

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Looking for help

Re: Sorry Boring Hamster Advice Again.

Post by Looking for help »

Marylou wrote: You shouldn't need to - if you take it back to the shop where you bought it they should give you a new one as the one they sold clearly wasn't fit for purpose, if a hamster was capable of chewing through it! :wink:
We had to take a rabbit back to the petshop because it died 3 days after we bought it. They were happy to replace it but we thought we might choose a different supplier :(
scarlett wrote:
LFH..our dog is a boxer...another breed with a delicate digestive system...I just make sure he has a dodgy meal the day he's due to visit my MIL ! :P
:lol: That is just wicked :lol:
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Looking for help wrote: We had to take a rabbit back to the petshop because it died 3 days after we bought it. They were happy to replace it but we thought we might choose a different supplier :(

We bought a guinea pig once which developed great big unsavoury looking sores around it's nose and mouth ...it was the runt of the litter and I felt it needed a good home but regretted it...I took it back and the pet store said they would buy it back, treat it and then if I wished I could then re purchase it. Are you all still with me ?? :shock:
Anyway , I didn't hear anything so rang them up and they said it had a terrible reaction to the antibiotics and died :cry: I just hope they cuddled it in a warm blanket as it passed away which is what we always do :)

I couldn't bring myself to tell DD it had died ( we'd had a spate of deaths ) so told her she was infectious and had to live on a farm with her litter siblings as they had all been brought back to the shop too .It was a bit tricky when she asked if we could visit. :?
Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

Oh my goodness me, isn't losing pets difficult. Our garden is a pet cemetery. We have an apple tree, around which is the final resting place of our various hamsters and rabbits. Goodness knows what it must be like losing a dog. :(
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

I can tell you what it's like ....you bawl your eyes out for days whilst lovingly stroking their favourite toy ..and then have to find a pride of place area to place their wooden casket . ( not a coffin..their ashes ) :roll:
Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

Oh scarlett, it must be awful! :cry:
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

my advice , when buying dwarf hamsters.... don't accept the fact that they tell you they are the same gender. 14 babies later we realised they were not both males!
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

yoyo123 wrote:my advice , when buying dwarf hamsters.... don't accept the fact that they tell you they are the same gender. 14 babies later we realised they were not both males!
....or that two young pullets are both female, as you return them to the garden centre several months later bleary eyed and with the complaints of neighbours ringing in your ears.... :roll:
Marylou
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now