Sorry Boring Hamster Advice Again.

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Looking for help

Re: Sorry Boring Hamster Advice Again.

Post by Looking for help »

I have just had a truly terrifying experience where a rodent found its way into our dog food. I may never recover.

I hope you find George, Scarlett, but if it happens to be the monster that was in the dog food tonight and we have just set free into the hills of Surrey (if in fact there are hills here), ooops sorry.
At first I thought it was a rat, but once husband was told to get home or else it was discovered to be something smaller, but OMG we got a fright tonight, and the dog, bless him, didn't get any dinner
Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

LFH that sounds like a very unpleasant experience. Hope you and the dog have recovered. The same thing happened to us when we kept our rabbit food in the garage, although it was quite a sweet looking little field mouse that found it's way into the food. I bought a plastic container to keep it in (the rabbit food that is) and the mice chewed through the plastic. :shock: Rodents are tenacious little things aren't they. Any news about George scarlett?
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Fran ! You must have had a vibe because I was woken up the is morning just after 6 with a loud noise...thinking it was DH and his wildebeast snoring I went into the bathroom and making the biggest racket imaginable was George ! I did look with trepidation in case it was a mouse but no, there he was as bright eyed as ever bashing his head against the trap door desperate to get out. He's now back in his nest and wasn't even that worried about having a drink ....so must have found water somewhere !

Ourmam....when you read this we used these " Big Cheese " traps and did put some cheese in them which the other hamsters gobbled down too ...I couldn't hear him in the bathroom and the dog gave no sign that he was there ( useless thing ) so it's possible your hamster is still lurking in the wings and you might be able to entice him out ? I hope you do . Off to buy a new cage today ....my nerves won't take another hamster crisis !
Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

Oh scarlett that's very good news! Phew! Your DCs must be very happy and life in the scarlett household can return to normal! :D
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Hurrah! Welcome back George! First thing I did today was log in to check on him :oops:
scary mum
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

Great news !! :D
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Thanks Fran , Unscary and LFH that's very sweet of you. :D

Hope George had a word with Ourmam's hamster on his travels and he will be back soon too. Am looking at George now wondering where's he been, what's he done ....Georges Big Adventure ! I shall make all the dc sit down and write a story about it :lol:
fatbananas

Post by fatbananas »

I've never had any experiences of hamsters so didn't feel able to contribute to this thread but wanted to say I'm very pleased George has returned to the fold, as it were.

As 'hamster flight' seems to be a common phenomenon amongst EPE users, I wondered if, perhaps, he and the other hamsters write books about, and star in tv series about, their great escapes and experiences in the wild? Perhaps George is, in fact, Bear Grylls of the Hamster World.
Seize the day ... before it seizes you.
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

I think we need a picture of George to join the portfolio of Georges on the other thread. He's certainly up there with Clooney et al in terms of stardom.

I'm glad he's back.
Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

scarlett wrote:Georges Big Adventure ! I shall make all the dc sit down and write a story about it :lol:
:lol: :lol:
fatbananas wrote:As 'hamster flight' seems to be a common phenomenon amongst EPE users, I wondered if, perhaps, he and the other hamsters write books about, and star in tv series about, their great escapes and experiences in the wild? Perhaps George is, in fact, Bear Grylls of the Hamster World.
:lol: What a lovely idea! I can see George now, abseiling down your curtains!