nationalities

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Guest55

Re: nationalities

Post by Guest55 »

Also some parents do not think about initials ... or what they might spell :shock:

The other issue is a normally spelt name that they then pronouce in an unusual way -
Footballdad

Post by Footballdad »

Wow a varied mix bunch of fine parental heritage here.
As for me i am a lancashire born lad moved to Brum when i was 2 of Pakistani Origin. Better half is from Kashmir
lmd

Post by lmd »

My DCs delight in telling people they are 1/2 Indian, 1/4 Welsh, 1/8 Irish and 1/8 French. So racially not English at all, despite being born and bred here.

Their father and 3 of their 4 grandparents learnt English as a foreign language. I had hoped that this might mean the DCs would have a natural linguistic ability, but unfortunately I am yet to see evidence of this. :roll: All it means is that they get VERY confused about who they should support in international rugby / cricket matches....normally eventually deciding on whoever happens to be winning at the time. :lol: :lol:

I myself have lived in 5 foreign countries on 4 continents. Isn't it wonderful to see such a diverse mix of people on a website like this?
turtleglos

Post by turtleglos »

Dh is English with a Welsh mum. I am Welsh with grandparents who communicated in English although my gran spoke welsh and my grandfather French. My dc's are just confused :D They support England at football and Wales for rugby(diplomats of the future perhaps :lol: :lol: :lol: ) or perhaps notThey simply say that they are British...
Everyone is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will think it is stupid.
TP123

Post by TP123 »

This is so interesting. I am half Mauritian and half Anglo Indian. My other half is Liverpoolean.
aargh

Post by aargh »

Ha TP123. I read that wrong at first. I assume you mean OH is Liverpudlian not that you have three halves yourself :lol:
starmum2000

Post by starmum2000 »

This thread is a very entertaining read :lol: !
I wasted most of my life on this forum last year so had to go 'cold turkey' after October results :oops:
Knew I'd be back around March 1st but really must not get hooked again... nothing personal guys, but I have children to bring up etc etc!!!
Anyway, my fourpenneth is boring British but I am 1/8 Romany :D
TP123

Post by TP123 »

aargh wrote:Ha TP123. I read that wrong at first. I assume you mean OH is Liverpudlian not that you have three halves yourself :lol:
:lol: :lol: :wink:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now