I have become an 11+ bore

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

vasu

Re: I have become an 11+ bore

Post by vasu »

Most of my family and inlaws are in India. They find my 11+ plus talk quite tiresome and confusing :roll:. I have a countdown timer for my desktop and right now it exactly:18 days, 21hours,41 mins and 30secs left for the results. Hmmmmm I know that is beyond obsessive it it is OTT! But here I am stuck, like a broken record....having nightmares about "what ifs". I am on EPE all the time and that makes my hubby mad!!!! But here I am...day and day out....Cause this is they only place where people are equally nuts like me!!!! :lol:
Having one child makes you a parent; having two you are a referee.
KS10

Post by KS10 »

I suspect I would have been the same, vasu. That's how I stumbled upon this forum - I was trying to figure out if they published 11+ results online before 1st March. :oops:
vasu

Post by vasu »

KS10 wrote:I suspect I would have been the same, vasu. That's how I stumbled upon this forum - I was trying to figure out if they published 11+ results online before 1st March. :oops:
Exactly my sentiments/quest too. Maybe there is a time portal here......
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

I wonder if The Priory takes on 11+ adictees?! They say you can't get a cure until you admit you have a problem. I think with the 11+, the addiction ends on your youngest child entering senior school.
bondgirl

Post by bondgirl »

pheasantchick wrote:I think with the 11+, the addiction ends on your youngest child entering senior school.
That's another six and half years for me then :shock:
faitaccompli

Post by faitaccompli »

The bit that gets me living in an area where there is no 11+, verbal or non verbal reasoning etc, is that all the parents of my son's friends say things like "oh, he is really clever, he will get in no problem".

Then I have to say that he missed the qualifying mark at Slough by 1 mark and that the tests are really quite difficult - although I still believe that if my DS had had more than 6 weeks of prep he would have done a little bit better ...

We get our Bucks results next week - then it is onto appeals - either for non qualification or for a place in what will now be our local grammar school. So I will be in this state of limbo for some time to come! (which allows me to experience nearly the same amount of stress time as the rest of you!)

I had one mother (an ex teacher) who dismissed the difficulty of the tests. Until I got my son to do a test paper and her son to do one at the same time. Her son scored under 50% ... that shut her up :evil:

having only been going through this for a few months, I can really appreciate what the rest of you have gone through. I thought that childbirth was enough to stop most people from having a second child. I have to say that this 11+ stuff is even worse and I bet some people would NEVER have had a second child if they knew what they were going to go through when child no. 1 reached 10 years old ...
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

pheasantchick wrote:I wonder if The Priory takes on 11+ adictees?! They say you can't get a cure until you admit you have a problem. I think with the 11+, the addiction ends on your youngest child entering senior school.
mwahaha. no chance!

my children are 19 and 23!
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

pheasantchick wrote:
I wonder if The Priory takes on 11+ adictees?! They say you can't get a cure until you admit you have a problem. I think with the 11+, the addiction ends on your youngest child entering senior school.

mwahaha. no chance!

my children are 19 and 23!

Oh yes, once you are here you can never leave! You just move down to the topics at the bottom of the page :lol:
scary mum
vasu

Post by vasu »

faitaccompli wrote: I thought that childbirth was enough to stop most people from having a second child. I have to say that this 11+ stuff is even worse and I bet some people would NEVER have had a second child if they knew what they were going to go through when child no. 1 reached 10 years old ...
:lol: :lol:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now