100 word challenge, entering many competitions, school blogs

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Guest55

Re: 100 word challenge, entering many competitions, school b

Post by Guest55 »

This can be a very traumatic moment for a teacher when the inspector is sat next to one of the naughtiest pupils in the class
The way round this is a put out a chair with your lesson plan on it - this controls where the inspector sits! It's my classroom and s/he is a guest :D
succeed

Post by succeed »

:wink:

Would be useful to tie him to it as well :lol:
mystery

Post by mystery »

It would be an interesting piece of research to see how much class beviour and home behaviour correlates. In the case of my children it's a negative correlation. My pathetic parenting does seem somehow to produced children who would never dare to step out of line at school, but who at home bicker and argue away to their hearts' content. It is a puzzle.

It is very interesting to follow the same class of children round a secondary school from teacher to teacher. With the same group you can have zero noise so you can't hear a pin drop through to full scale disruption. My class would of course be the latter. I'm not sure how much it is to do with the parents.

Once you have group work and accept that children can talk as part of this, it is very hard to monitor this and be sure that the conversation is all "on task and productive" and if it is at the right volume. Children sitting in separate desks facing the front, doing their own work, as it will be at some prep schools, is different.
la boume

Post by la boume »

Well, many years ago, in the far away country...all you could hear in the classroom with 30 + pupils was the buzzing of the fly. If you as much as whisper, you'll be shouted at. Lot's of other ways to be distracted though, staring out of the window and daydreaming is one of them. Or read a book...
mystery

Post by mystery »

Oh yes. We were all allowed to read under the desk. I think it was the way we all developed a great love of reading. Knitting was OK too, but clicky needles were a bit of a risk.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now