CRB check

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

um

Re: CRB check

Post by um »

CRB checks do not actually 'expire' as such, although some Children's organisations have a policy of new checks every three years.
With any check, someone could have been convicted for a crime the day after it was done, and obviously that won't be recorded.
So, like an MOT, they're good for the day they were done on...

At present, CRB checks are not portable and a new enhanced check is needed for every role or job that involves working with children.

However the government has announced that it wishes to make CRB checks portable in future.

When the check was done, you should have received a copy of the certificate. This has the CRB number on it.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

CRB's can be portable in Hertfordshire. It all depends if the person who answers the phone is wearing blue pants. I worked in a primary school and a secondary school in 2010 using a CRB check from a third school that was done in 2004 But as I had worked continously at the third school without a break the other two schools were happy to use that check. Then in 2011 I did some invigilator work in a secondary school and they wanted their own one so I got another along with another two for clubs I help at. I then went to another primary with that check later on that year but this year I went to a fourth primary and third secondary and they both wanted their own checks so I now have 7! The advent of dinner ladies bagging TA jobs while degree educated applicants can't get an interview is done to the CRB issue. Dinner ladies can start the job on the spot while better qualified un CRb'd checked applicants are no good to the school. DG
neurotic kent mum

Post by neurotic kent mum »

CRB checks are portable from one school to another provided that there is no gap in employment of over three months.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now