Easter Break

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
yoyo123

Re: Easter Break

Post by yoyo123 »

Venice is brilliant and won't be too hot yet.

I've never been to the main part of Italy, have always fancied moorish Spain too.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

I tend to stay in this country to avoid meeting my students ... much as I love them I do like to avoid seeing them when I'm on holiday. :lol:
mad?

Post by mad? »

If it is just heat and relaxation Cape Verde Islands or Canaries. If a little bit of culture required (art and architecture) as well then Lanzarote or for landscape/mountains as well then Morocco. Less heat but still warm and lots of culture and landscape Turkey beach/Cappadoccia or beach/Istanbul. I love Devon, but you have lucked out if you get heat there outside 'the week in summer (usually last week before schools break up) when it was lovely' then well done! Have a lovely time, very jealous! :oops:
mad?
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

doodles wrote:
Is Malta warm at this time of year - not sure about that one though.
I was going to suggest that! It's baking hot in the summer so suppose it would be reasonably warm around Easter. And a fascinating cultural experience into the bargain!
Marylou
mommasmaug

Post by mommasmaug »

Gran Canaria is a fantastic island. Has culture, sun and fun. If you want fun go for playa del ingles. Maspalomas is slightly quieter. If you want quiet then puerto morgan.
doodles

Post by doodles »

I just want some sun :lol: Preferably without going abroad :lol: Dream on!
andyb

Post by andyb »

The Algarve? I've been there a few times at Easter. There is usually the odd wet/cold day during the week but generally mid-20's. Maybe not sunbathing temperatures but very pleasant for exploring or sitting on a terrace watching the world go by.
Amber

Post by Amber »

yoyo123 wrote:Venice is brilliant and won't be too hot yet.

I've never been to the main part of Italy, have always fancied moorish Spain too.
Moorish Spain is indeed amazing....go and see the Alhambra, the Mezquita and the Casa Mondragon in Ronda as well as the pretty pueblos blancos. For mainland Italy Umbria is less visited than its popular Tuscan neighbour but still lovely, and the lakes are beautiful too.
Gosh I sound like a travel brochure.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

herds of majestic wildebeest?
Amber

Post by Amber »

yoyo123 wrote:herds of majestic wildebeest?
Relaxing with a cool drink at the poolside bar, before boogying the night away in one of the tasteful discos, yes. They like that, those majestic wildebeest.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now