Musical?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
scary mum

Re: Musical?

Post by scary mum »

Blooming' iPad! I won't go back and edit it though otherwise everyone will think you have gone mad! Quite an appropriate typo though, but no wine tonight Scarlett, too much running around after DCs and mopping stressed brows. I feel as though I need some now...
scary mum
Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

:lol: :lol:

Love the typo! It did make me laugh.

What was this thread about? Oh yes, musical or not? My career as a concert violinist was cut short when I put my bow on the bed and then trod on it and broke it when I stood on the bed to open the window. My mum wasn't impressed as it was on loan from the school! :shock:
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

:lol: you were a very honest child, Fran ! I would have stuck it back together with sellotape. I hated my music lessons ..I never practised and then I would announce at the piano teachers house that I couldn't play a certain piece because I'd left my music sheet at home...unfortunately the piano teacher would then open up a huge cupboard where there would be about 20 spares .Foiled each time :oops:
Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

Now why didn't I think of that! No one would have noticed the sellotape holding the bow together! :lol: These music teachers know all the excuses don't they. No chance of putting the piano on the bed and then opening your window? :lol:
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

No , but I used to rock on the antique piano stool until one of the legs snapped off...and I also ate some of the skin from her chicken which was cooling in the kitchen probably when she was getting another spare music sheet from the cupboard.
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

Loving scary - she's at it again - she was meant to buy an ipad but went to the offie again :lol:

Please can we send the hot air balloon through the Surrey/Berks borders if we get to the end of June, needing some positive vibes here for my year 13 , ta muchy :D

To the rest of you guys - you can't mend a fine horsehair bow with sellotape the noise would be horrendous, for goodness sake - dear me
Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

:lol:

Balloon booked and it will be flying over all relevant counties!

Still laughing at the optic! Do you think scary has her own bar in her lounge.

Is that scary's DH or do you think he came with the bar?

I'm just trying to fathom why scarlett would eat a bit of the skin off of her music teacher's chicken. Did she keep you locked in the house for a few days, with endless piano lessons and no food, as a punishment for breaking the stool?

Sorry about pic, I just realised this is not rehab! No more I promise! :D
Waiting_For_Godot

Post by Waiting_For_Godot »

Just saw this thread so apologies if it's moved on...courtesy of the dastardly duo! :roll: :lol:

It's often easier to use terms like musical or sporty so as not to say in a short sentence that your child does X,Y,Z. I actually think that if a person thinks that by hearing such a comment that there is an implication that their child is not musical/sporty etc then I think it says more about that perosn's issues rather than the parent who mentioned their child's ability/talent/passion.

I also don't buy that to be truly gifted/musical/sporty that one must live and breathe these things. There are plenty of talented boys whose minds have been corrupted by computers and they are now monosyllabic zombies - mine are prime examples of this. Mozart was great because he had nothing else to do, was male (his sister was better but girls had no status) and had a father who needed to make some money.

I know my son is very musical but he does not have the achievement of many children his age, either because he is not as good, doesn't do enough practice or didn't start at age 3. He is obsessed with music though and from the moment he could talk he has sung and sings all day long.