Bands for bracelet making?!

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

ourmaminhavana

Bands for bracelet making?!

Post by ourmaminhavana »

A far more frivolous post from me today! For DD's 6/7th birthday I'm aiming to get the children making their own bracelets, as well as party games, a belated Easter egg hunt and a cup cake caterpillar :shock: ! I have millions of beads and could just use elastic, but thought it might be better if I could find some 'proper' bracelet with catches of some kind at the end rather than me tying knots!! I'm sure that someone on this amazingly cluey forum will a) know what I'm talking about and b) know where I can obtain some!! Thanks! :D
Snowdrops

Re: Bands for bracelet making?!

Post by Snowdrops »

A well known website - E something or other :lol: - go on there and put jewellery supplies in the search term. A reel of stretch elastic cord (80 metres) 99p + £1.80 p + p.

Failing that, just Google jewellery supplies,

HTH! :D
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

I buy that sort of thing from those craft websites ..Baker Ross or Yellow Moon ( which gives a proportion of sales to our primary school ).They have loads of different kits or just beads etc you can buy in bulk load. Always useful as someone often drops the whole bag on the floor and you only ever find half of the beads. I think the dog must eat them.
ourmaminhavana

Post by ourmaminhavana »

Thanks, maybe I'll just go back to plan A and settle for elastic! :lol:
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Perhaps little ones would find clasps hard to do up ? Their Mums will all be very impressed with you !
ourmaminhavana

Post by ourmaminhavana »

Good point Scarlett.
Except the mother of the one boy!!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now