Latest round of olympic tickets

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Fran17

Re: Latest round of olympic tickets

Post by Fran17 »

That's fantastic news for you Ally. Your DS must be very pleased. :D

I do think the distribution of tickets has been a complete fiasco. In the first round some people seemed to get tickets for several different events and most seemed to get nothing. It is good to hear that more people are getting lucky this time around.

I felt the same apathy as some of the other posters when it came to applying for tickets originally. However, my husband convinced me that as we have a son who trains five times a week for an athletics event and the fact that we spend all year travelling up and down the country to various athletics meets, it would be ridiculous not to apply for tickets for the 'main event'. Like you we are very pleased for our sons as they were very keen to go.

Amber and bondgirl you have made me :lol: and also made me very grateful that I am not going to see the weightlifting. I don't think I will ever be able to watch it again without thinking about your comments. :shock:
bondgirl

Post by bondgirl »

This forum truly is an education Fran17, isn't it? I'm really not sure I'll be able to watch though when all that grunting starts. Eeeew! :lol:

On a more serious note, I do agree with all comments about the ticketing process being such a fiasco but in the end, decided to have another go as we live about 30 minutes from the main venues. We're away for the first week of the Olympics but will hopefully be gripped by Olympic fever when we return from holiday :D
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

I was talking to someone today who lives in London and managed to get tickets in the first round for both events he applied for. I don't know why people were allowed to get tickets for more than one event, it seems to me that it would have been fairer to let everyone get one shot - it has shown the world how great we are at organising things....not :shock:
Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

Looking for help wrote:I was talking to someone today who lives in London and managed to get tickets in the first round for both events he applied for. I don't know why people were allowed to get tickets for more than one event, it seems to me that it would have been fairer to let everyone get one shot - it has shown the world how great we are at organising things....not :shock:
Yes LFH, I agree with you. It is very unfair to allow some people to get tickets for more than one event whilst others go without. In my opinion it was also unfair to limit the amount of tickets each person could apply for this time around, to four people. What about all of us with more than two children.

Like bondgirl, we are away for the first week of the Games and are hoping that the country will be 'gripped by Olympic fever' upon our return. :D
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

Fran17 wrote: In my opinion it was also unfair to limit the amount of tickets each person could apply for this time around, to four people. What about all of us with more than two children.
Me too -it is ridiculous. Who do you choose ? :shock: Not difficult in our house, as my daughters don't seem to be interested, fortunately. Normally I would encourage them, but I'm keeping shtum at the moment
MrsChubbs

Post by MrsChubbs »

Just logged on and am really chuffed to see that other people have got tickets this time round too (sorry again LFH). I agree the ticket selling has been a shambles. I nearly didn't bother this time round and couldn't believe it when the list for available tickets seemed to cover everything. Some friends bought tickets in the second round for football in the second round just to go and now have gone to the back of the queue.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now