Cricket Whites

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
neurotic kent mum

Cricket Whites

Post by neurotic kent mum »

Does anyone have any idea how I can get the grass and mud stains out of these? I've tried a hot wash and they still look as though they've just been peeled off!
Guest55

Re: Cricket Whites

Post by Guest55 »

There was a thread on this before I think - I rub the stain with a bar of the frequently advertised stain remover product before washing ... works every time.
Sportsmum

Post by Sportsmum »

We are forever washing cricket whites (one of the hooligans has 4 matches this week alone) - and one of the most economical ways of getting much of the mud and grass out is to rub washing up liquid into the stain before washing it.

I also often put one of the "oxygen" based cleaners into the soap drawer as well as regular detergent and then wash at no more than 40 deg - too high and it seems to set the muck into the fabric.
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

I spray mu husband's with Mr Muscle kitchen cleaner, leave it for ten/fifteen minutes or so then wash on a 50 degree wash - sorted :D

This method works for most stains :D :D :D
pist

Post by pist »

yep, treat with every stain remover you have got in the cupboard, leave for a bit and possibly soak (I am lucky enough to have a washing machine that can soak for 3 hours before it starts the wash cycle - brilliant)
Which dipstick invented cricket whites anway :roll: - it should be cricket greens!!!
neurotic kent mum

Post by neurotic kent mum »

thank you all - mr muscle going into action!
Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

I use 'Shout' and find that works very well. I think I saw on the other thread that someone recommends putting washing-up liquid on the stains before you put the kit in the wash. Worth a try if you are having problems with stubborn stains. I am beginning to sound like a advert for stain remover. :shock:
SEP18

Post by SEP18 »

I make a paste of bicarbonate of soda with a little water. This is then spread onto the stain. Then add, some white vinegar to area. Lots of fizzing will occur. When the fizzing has stopped rub with a nail brush to ensure the mix has reached every fibre. Wash in machine as usual. Stain will be removed.

I have found this the best method of removing grass stains It also saves lots of money buying expensive stain removers that do not always do what they say they do. :)
Minesatea

Post by Minesatea »

And if you want to restore the shoes to white then I find value toothpaste and an old brush works brilliantly.
Moonlight

Post by Moonlight »

I use Ariel Actilift Gel for cricket whites. I pour a small amount directly onto the stains, rub in well and then rinse thoroughly. This does mean handwashing but is worth it because it gets rid of grass/mud stains every time.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now