Birds and bees and Relationship Lesson in year 6

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Amber

Re: Birds and bees and Relationship Lesson in year 6

Post by Amber »

mystery wrote:There's some scientific evidence isn't there that females in close proximity tend to follow similar cycles?
Research carried out in convents, yes. There we have a neat link to catholic theology again. 8)
daveg

Post by daveg »

mystery wrote:There's some scientific evidence isn't there that females in close proximity tend to follow similar cycles?
Not good evidence.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... e-together" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/ind ... -together/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

I'm sure we were all 'on' together in halls of residence at uni. Not very scientific but a popular beliefs the time. (80's).
mystery

Post by mystery »

Was it a Catholic hall of residence?
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

No!
push-pull-mum

Post by push-pull-mum »

pheasantchick wrote:I'm sure we were all 'on' together in halls of residence at uni. Not very scientific but a popular beliefs the time. (80's).
mystery wrote:Was it a Catholic hall of residence?
pheasantchick wrote:No!
Probably all on the pill then. :wink:
Tick Tock!!

Post by Tick Tock!! »

ahap wrote:Does anyone know how this will be conducted in Year 6? They will be showing a short video as well it seems. Is it just about puberty and changes or about birds and bees in full detail?
I need to sign the permission slip and don't know what to do. The slip just says permission to attend the lesson for the child and whether parent will attend to watch the video before the lesson takes place. I don't know whether DS is ready. DS said to watch the video and then decide but it does not say anywhere on the slip whether to decide after watching the video. Shall I put a note that I will decide after watching the video and send my DH to watch and tell DH that he is going to watch a video of a play or something. :twisted:
Please advise.
We've just had a letter home about this too!!! Going to be shown next week, it did say we could go and attend a viewing with other parents on Friday afternoon :oops: how embarressing! Good idea about sending DH's, I may just do that too

TT :lol:
mystery

Post by mystery »

I would have thought they could tell you wehre the video is on the internet and you and DH can enjoy it at home together.
um

Post by um »

mike1880 wrote:The mother of one of our daughter's friends was something in health education who had absolutely no time for anything but the plain, unvarnished truth about everything. Her daughter, and all her daughter's friends, had a comprehensive knowledge of all things biological before they got past Y2, along with clear insights into the realities of tooth fairies, Father Christmas, the Beast of Bodmin and anything else you'd care to mention (and a lot of things you probably wouldn't). It's a mixed blessing having friends like that.

Mike
I was called into school by the Headteacher when ds2 was in Year 4 because apparently he'd told some of the boys that Santa Claus wasn't real.
By Year 6 I am being asked to sight consent forms so that he can attend workshops to find out about the reality of gay relationships and m*****bation.

:? :? :?

This thread could yet turn into a cloze test practice workshop :D
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now