Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Amber

Re: Duke of Edinburgh Expeditions

Post by Amber »

Looking for help wrote:Aaargh we will fail again :shock:
I knew it
I should never agreed with this little preparation, what can I say, is there a right of appeal ?
Yes of course. But I have to tell you the panels have heard all this 'my child was not tutored ' stuff before. Nor will it do to say that the next door neighbour's budgie died and the funeral was on the day of the expedition. Hard evidence of hardness - endurance, grit determination, survival against the odds is what is needed. And if the child shows these skills as well as the mother, so much the better.
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

Amber wrote: Hard evidence of hardness - endurance, grit determination, survival against the odds is what is needed. And if the child shows these skills as well as the mother, so much the better.
Well if it helps I'm Scottish - we're full of grit and determination but not sure about survival against the odds :shock:

I think they should give you a list of definitions when they ahnd out the list - it looked as if it was in Greek to me (half of it anyway) - Bivi , trangia, :shock:
:lol:
Oh I am glad they're supervised at night, what if the beast of Bodmin came after them
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

Mountain Warehouse is a good, inexpensive place to get equipment and stuff, and offer a discount to DoE -ers on evidence of the trip.
daveg

Post by daveg »

pheasantchick wrote:Mountain Warehouse is a good, inexpensive place to get equipment and stuff, and offer a discount to DoE -ers on evidence of the trip.
Cotswold offer a 15% discount on production of a DofE card.
Looking for help

But where do you get a D of E card - we don't have one ? :roll:
Amber

Post by Amber »

Looking for help wrote:But where do you get a D of E card - we don't have one ? :roll:
You know that meeting you didn't go to, LFH?

If you tell these places child is either doing DofE or is in Scouts that is usually enough, though your son has probably got a little tatty book at the bottom of his school bag amongst all the sweetie wrappers, bits of tissue, letters you never received and bits of unidentified fluff.
Looking for help

I sent my husband - he really should have paid attention. :shock:
Amber

Post by Amber »

Looking for help wrote:I sent my husband - he really should have paid attention. :shock:
Funny that, we have a similar issue over DS2's forthcoming residential trip. Panicked look spreads across face in response to any question starting 'Did they say anything at the meeting about...?'
Looking for help

Amber wrote:Funny that, we have a similar issue over DS2's forthcoming residential trip. Panicked look spreads across face in response to any question starting 'Did they say anything at the meeting about...?'

I think they do it deliberately so we wont ask them again . :lol:

I went to my son's battlefield trip one yesterday, took notes and am top of the telephone tree. I know exactly what he needs and can take with him :lol:
Amber

Post by Amber »

Looking for help wrote:
Amber wrote:Funny that, we have a similar issue over DS2's forthcoming residential trip. Panicked look spreads across face in response to any question starting 'Did they say anything at the meeting about...?'

I think they do it deliberately so we wont ask them again:
Followed by wounded look at any suggestion that it is done deliberately to avoid being asked again. :D
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now